Do Not Sell My Personal Information

1996 Previa 8 auto petrol

Kinkon96

Hi recently our previa developed a leak took into garage for repair had hose n clip replaced along with coolant, garage advised it was showing a head gasket leak which he used super steel, advised radiator in poor state so need new one upto now seems straightforward, but since had back engine keeps cutting out I.e it will start  but where it used to idle for a few mins at a high rate till warm, it now idles at mid rev but after a few mins the idling becomes erratic and engine cuts out, it will start and idle fine with foot on accelerator but once foot off engine stalls any ideas advise , many thanks 

Head gasket leak.?...not common on the petrol engine AFAIK...what where the symptoms..?

?..was a sniff test done.?

I'm not a fan of these "additives"...

Idling/cut out issues are often a process of elimination...coil packs, plugs. MAF sensor etc.

Unaware of what was done prior, showing signs ?. I had the impression they didn't fancy the job because of the ackwardness of lay out and sourcing bits like radiator which I pointed out they were easy enough to get hold of.

the running problem only happened when got back from garage 

I assume you mean steel seal.?..put in as a head gasket "repair".?

I think you need to find out more from your garage..ie how did they test for head gasket failure..?..and what else might they have done.?

The running difficulties might not be connected...but I'm always wary of "coincidences".