Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Toyota service price crash?????????????

ipsgit

I had my 2009 Avensis 2.0L D4D Tourer serviced by Ipswich Toyota yesterday. It was a full service and cost me £200. I asked what the price of the next, intermediate, service would be and was quoted £120. I have  a fixed price leaflet from last year, where the price of a full service is £259 and an intermediate service is £179. Can any member please tell me why the price has dropped? I am not complaining, but have we all been ripped off in the past????                          

In 2016 Toyota introduced their Essential Care service scheme for cars over 5 years old (ie outside the new car warranty). Essential Care is basically targeting those owners who may use independents, by offering a cheaper servicing regime.

Other manufacturers offer similar schemes for cars outside the new car warranty.

The cynic in me wonders if cars over 5 years old are more likely to need extra work done therefore they get you in the door with a cheaper service price and then they find problems which need additional work.  You then get the extra work done there because your car is already in the workshop. 

Or they could just be doing it to save older Toyota owners money!!!! 

Or, in fairness they could be doing it to try to keep customers brand loyal and encourage them to buy another Toyota in the future (by making them have no reason to go to another garage). 

Re' the Ipswich Toyota price being lower than last year....... they have changed from Lancaster group to Steven Eagell group within the past 12 months and maybe Lancaster weren't that good at encouraging owners to take up the essential services rather than the full price ones (or the OP may not have had a service since the essential plan was brought in)!

I don't think they do it to particularly pick up faults, as they literally should be changing service parts and not a lot else. There's no reason for a customer to have servicing done at a Toyota dealer, after the warranty has expired. Therefore, it's in Toyota's interest to keep a vehicle in the Toyota network.

From a customer's point of view, it does make sense, as it can keep the goodwill gesture intact, in case anything major goes wrong with the vehicle at a later date. Plus, the resale value maybe slightly higher with full dealer servicing.

I personally like the cleanliness of Toyota's showrooms and servicing pits. I also like the fact that any service parts will be up to Toyota's standard.

Of course, it always pays to read customer reviews on a particular dealer first. I've found my local Lancaster Toyota dealer to be first rate on all accounts, and I'll be buying my next AYGO from them.

Remember, they only introduced the Essential Care service last year, so that's why you didn't get offered it at the last service.