Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Am I missing something?

Grumpy stumpy

Should I have a rubber stop at the bottom of my rear door ? There's a hole where I think there should be something . 59 plate Rav .

Hopefully someone can help before I take a trip to local Toyota dealer thanks.

image.jpeg

Theres a rubber stopper that goes in there

Sent from my A0001 using Tapatalk

Thanks Nick trip to Toyota tomorrow then .

This is it.0883015638e1d2432833e25c7a80decc.jpg&key=3963e654515ae7bd412468be847abe3a1dcf946d73e51e27d1f1c9f61c763ff8

Sorry my mistake ,it doesn't have anything here's mine.
022a4e0b7115d5def6e3a2f9cee50069.jpg

Strange that there's nothing there deffo looks like it should have something may pop to Toyota tomorrow and ask unless others come back with nothing as well just in case yours has come out !

Yup, a rubber bump stop should def be there... the door will probably rattle more than normal without it.  Mine came out... luckily I found it laying in the gutter near my drive.  It went back in with a dab of super clue ^ (Mr. Toyota take note)

Dave is yours a 4.3 Rav or 4.1 ? Well I must admit that I have had a anoying squeaking for last few weeks and was silent before so hopefully this will be the issue as driving me mad, deffo from rear as well. Will go tomorrow and ask and let you know those who have a hole there.

come to think of it my neighbour 3 doors down has a 2010 Rav same as mine will go and take a look at his .

3 hours ago, njbrice said:

Sorry my mistake ,it doesn't have anything here's mine.
022a4e0b7115d5def6e3a2f9cee50069.jpg

Well Nick I have just popped down the road and looked at my neighbours Rav 2010 plate and he has a rubber stop there it's quite big about 1" in length so looks like we are both missing it lol !!

Well Nick I have just popped down the road and looked at my neighbours Rav 2010 plate and he has a rubber stop there it's quite big about 1" in length so looks like we are both missing it lol !!
Thanks for info,these are things are obviously prone to breaking or falling out. My rear door makes a nasty cheap rattle when I close it, maybe this is the fix

Will get one on order tomorrow and let you know how much and part number if you want.

4.1 here... Try closing the rear door with thick sponge or a bit of rag stuffed in there to prove it cures any rattle and or squek... then get a bump stop clued in ^.  Also make sure your rear door latch bar is adjusted correctly... also, they sometimes wear a groove in the bar making it a loose fit; turn the bar up the other way to get a new part of the bar for the latch to grab... :)

Ok mate thanks for info, good point about turning bar other way up .

Will get one on order tomorrow and let you know how much and part number if you want.
That would be good thankyou

Ordered today pick up tomorrow with discount I get cost is £2.04p so not a lot. Will take pic and post part number once I have it mate.

Part number T67272-42010 and the anyoning seeking noise seems to have gone also!

image.jpeg

Part number T67272-42010 and the anyoning seeking noise seems to have gone also!

image.thumb.jpeg.e595b497ee8b672cdb365ca2df0ced64.jpeg
That's great thanks, I'll pick up one this week.

The rubber bump stop is there to stop the rattles and also to make the car sound more 'classy' believe it or not so the door shuts with a definite solid sounding 'boom'  Mike.

I ordered one off eBay suitable for a 2006/2008 RAV4 mine is 2010, the part number is different but it's identical to one in pic and fits perfectly9e79694f296d5e181a92d2c3ef939033.jpg

Jolly good mate :thumbsup:

Jolly good mate [emoji106]
I'm glad you created this thread or I'd have never given it a thought,so thanks for that.
The one I ordered was direct from Toyota, I think they may have just changed the part number when they dropped the rear mounted wheel option.
I put a piece of paper between rubber and body when I closed the door,the paper was not budging,so reasurring to know the rubber bung makes good contact.
I notice alot of vibration in rear view mirror where I can't focus on say the numberplate of a following vehicle, maybe this will help.

• 3 weeks later...

Hi guys

I had this on mine there is one on top aswell.

If you dont have these the door will rattle.

I searched all over for a answer.

Just so you know.

Sent from my SM-G950F using Tapatalk