Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Lights switching on/not switching off when car is powered off

gazzaman28

Hi all, on our 2010 Auris Hybrid I noticed recently after coming back to my car after a while parked that both of my front headlights & sidelights were switched on despite the fact that the car had been powered off and locked (and it was daytime with auto lights set). I didn't think anything more about it (my wife was driving mostly and didn't notice anything untoward) but when we went to drive the car tonight we found that neither of the headlights were working. I had 1 spare bulb available so fitted it to both sides in turn to check that it was definitely the bulbs that had blown rather than the electrics at fault - the spare bulb worked in both connectors but I then found after powering off the car when left in auto lights mode that the lights definitely weren't switching off (I waited over 2 mins on several occasions) and that even after all that time if I turned the stalk between off, sidelights, headlights and auto that the lights could still be controlled, plus the dash lights and relays still clicked, which I'd never noticed previously, so I suspect we have electrical gremlins of some sort. Does anyone have any experience of anything similar?

Faulty drivers door switch, the auto lights should go off when you open the drivers door if the switch is faulty the car can't "see" you exit the car and lights stay on. swap switch from another door to check.

Thanks Devon, it's booked in for our local dealership tomorrow so we'll be sure to mention that as a suggestion.