Do Not Sell My Personal Information

• Join Toyota Owners Club

Join Europe's Largest Toyota Community! It's FREE!

Service Plan

AYGOSTU

Hello people. 

I know there is sometimes debatable on whether service plans are a good deal.. I have just taken out a service plan (see pic) from my Local Toyota dealership... I have done the maths on potential savings and have my opinion (and taken up the plan) , but what do you think ? 

For clarification;  Gold service = Full       Silver Service= Intermediate

Stu

IMG_1565.thumb.JPG.d745678bec82691cf390db2f735a0399.JPG

From the image the service plan has been compiled under Toyota's Essential Care scheme - which is for Toyotas over five years old.

As the car is a 2014 model and still within the new car warranty (ie. under five years old), and won't be eligible for Essential Care until 1919, not sure where you stand as regards validity of servicing for the remainder of the new car warranty.

Perhaps Devon Aygo may be able to shed some light on this.

Might have done my calculations wrong, but isn't the plan costing you more?

4 x Silver at £99 = £396

4 x Gold at £180 = £720

£396 + £720 = £1116

If they've included MOTs, then good value, but servicing only, you are paying £66 more.

9 minutes ago, fordulike said:

Might have done my calculations wrong, but isn't the plan costing you more?

4 x Silver at £99 = £396

4 x Gold at £180 = £720

£396 + £720 = £1116

If they've included MOTs, then good value, but servicing only, you are paying £66 more.

Where do you get those prices? I might have been silly and compared against the prices on the toyota website. I didn't realise the costs went down when the car was 5 yrs old.

I have been told that by having the plan I also save 10% on parts / consumables which is good.

Scroll down to around halfway on this link.

http://lancasterwearside.toyota.co.uk/caring-for-your-toyota?gclid=EAIaIQobChMI_9qxtsT61gIVBirTCh1rOATEEAAYASAAEgJT6vD_BwE

As FROSYBALLS suggests, you may have at least one more old style service due, until you go on Essential Care. So, they may have included that in the price, but incorrectly labelled it as Gold or Silver.

Makes sense that 51 and 52 should be Full and Intermediate. That should bring you up to the start of the Essential Care period.

If that's the case, then you will be saving cash under the Full and Intermediate pricing!

The service dates are all to pot as well - Gold services taking place in February of each year, followed by Silver services in March of each year.

If the Essential Care services cannot be done until the vehicle is five years old, and replaced by the Fixed Price services, depending when in 2014 the Aygo was first registered, you may be looking at additional costs of £46 for each silver (52 and 54), and £75 for each gold (51 and 53).

Complete plan needs revisiting as it forms a contract between you and the dealer.

the service plan does look a little mixed up with 2 services to be carried out within a month

a good deal for the dealership.

would it be on the essentials service plan due to the milage per annum

i.e. based on 18000 miles p/a so at 3 years old with 54000 miles on the clock

you'd be having the year 5 service therefore the essential plan maybe applicable.

Well spotted you two, that's so odd with the dates. Definitely one to query with the dealer.

Thanks for all the feedback, I did query the dates and it was explained to me that these are irrelevant and I can have the services carried out when I like, as long as I have paid enough into the plan. Apparently there system typically sells 3 year 10k mile plans, anyone who wants more than 1 service per year just defaults to the next month on he breakdown.

Is there actually any difference in the essential care services and the regular servicing? As I am wondering if this weird quote has allowed me to get onto the cheaper servicing ~2 years early? 

• Like 1

With Essential Care, the servicing is similar to the Fixed Price Servicing before Toyota revised the prices and schedules in 2016 - in that some items (eg spark plug change) are available at additional cost. 

See: https://www.toyota.co.uk/download/cms/gben/Toyota Essential Care Service Content - V2.1 02.11xlsx_tcm-3060-675779.pdf

https://www.toyota.co.uk/owners/service-mot-maintenance/servicing.json

• Like 1

Latest Deals

Toyota Official Store for genuine Toyota parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links