Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Malfunctioning indicator lamp

Rhymer

Hi guys,

I am new to this forum as I just got my car few weeks ago. Anyways, today was driving with quite low fuel, filled it up, drove about 1 mile and while I was waiting in traffic jam malfunctioning indicator lamp lit up, few seconds later tried to move my car and I couldn't!! Didn't really check if engine turned itself off or not (as some guy from behind already honking) I turned car key off and back on, indicator light gone and could drive away as normal. Now I'm pretty new with a cars, but that didn't felt right and thinking what would be smart next step. Should I just ignore it for now and see if that will occur again or should I take actions immediately?

Thanks for replies!

its not always a bad thing when the Mil liight comes on as its a sign a fault code has been stored,

once a code has been stored this code can be read to reveal location of the problem.

any garage can read the codes or you can do it yourself using apps and an obd2 adapter.

so once the light is on get the code read so you know what the problem is just incase it dissapears after a shutdown restart.

Thanks eygo for a reply! This adapter definitely worth getting then, I think i'll buy it in a next few days. Just update about situation with my car. So it happened again. It looks like my car stalled when idle (i know i know, should have noticed that in a first place...) but my cars engine running very quiet when in idle, and was quite in panic first time it happened. rmp looks ok when idle around 900 per minute. Right now driving with a/c off, to check if that will happen again, so far looks good. Will keep this thread updated if I find the problem, so that someone with the same problem would know what to expect/do.

i use the carista app on my phone (android) if you go for carista make sure the elm327 adapter is 100% compatible with the app

as there are only a few that will work with this app, i had to use carista early this year to reset the airbag alarm

after an skoda paramedic rolled back into me