Do Not Sell My Personal Information

• Join Toyota Owners Club

Join Europe's Largest Toyota Community! It's FREE!

Auris mileage going down, why?

Perafelix

On 10/19/2017 at 1:32 PM, Perafelix said:

I have bought a second hand Auris hybrid and during the first 2-3 months I had an average of 56mpg. Then (I have no idea why) the car started to average 48mpg!! Any reason why this could possibly happen? Nothing has changed in the car or the way I drive

Get the brakes checked. Over a period of about 3 months the fuel economy of my car dropped, which at first I put down to the cold weather, but then I started getting 40 MPG on some journeys, together with increased no-brake retardation.

The wheels spun freely before the brakes were stripped down, but they were clogged with rust and other rubbish off the roads. Had them all cleaned, the sliders re-greased, and the handbrake adjusted (it had seized too), and it is as good as new. When I brought it home - 78 MPG (computer - 15 miles - and I had the climate control set to 18 C!! Most of the journey at 50 MPH).

Also check the feel of the handbrake - my handbrake had a bit of slack at the bottom - that is completely gone now. Could be another indicator.

Latest Deals

Toyota Official Store for genuine Toyota parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links