Do Not Sell My Personal Information

• Join Toyota Owners Club

Join Europe's Largest Toyota Community! It's FREE!

Front Washers not working - cannot remove the sprayers

ChrisLea

Hi All,

My front washers have stopped spraying onto the front windscreen. The motors is still working and spraying perfectly onto the back window.

I have cleaned removed, cleaned and checked the tubs and jets that service the 2 separate sprayers that are attached to the back of the bonnet.

All seems to be working fine upto this point so it must be the individual sprayers.

The main problem is that I now need to remove the 2 sprayers from the underside of the bonnet edge but I can't. I am worried about damaging them and / or the paintwork.

Please can anyone out there provide some advice on how I can remove the sprayers from the bonnet edge without breaking them and damaging the paintwork.

Many thanks

Chris

This video is for a Prius but it worked for me. It does take a little force....

Hope this helps, 

Jez

• Thanks 2

2 hours ago, Jezclax said:

This video is for a Prius but it worked for me. It does take a little force....

Hope this helps, 

Jez

This video applies to most current Toyota's. One thing I do to minimising blockages is to use premixed washer fluid. 

• Thanks 1

Agreed, some cars are notoriously picky. The wife's Golf insists on a particular expensive grade of screenwash, or its cunningly fan-shaped nozzles get coked up. Best screenwash I know is Lidl's finest W5, which is German spec, and they know a thing  two about winters out on the Polish border where I used to live. Apparently it keeps the nozzles clean. Anyway, it always sells out pretty fast when it comes into the stores, so it's worth keeping an eye out for. It's bright blue, in 2.5 litre bottles.

• Thanks 2

A tiny child's paintbrush (must be stiff nylon bristles of at least 0.5 inch long) jabbed into the outlet (get as many bristles in there as you can) and twirled around quickly usually does the trick I find. A bit of kitchen cleaner or bathroom cleaner to dip the brush in might help as well.

Blocked nozzles giving (usually) poor spray patterns have been one of my main whinges with the Auris and in fact I have thread somewhere on this. Before I discovered the brush method I was using cans of compressed air. The brush is way better though and easier.   

• Thanks 1

I forgot to mention the reason why I prefer premixed washer fluid and coolant. The state of water coming out of the taps. I the other option is to use distilled water for mixing, if that helps.

i have recenlty cleaned the jets on my IS300h(same style as in video) ,after removing the jets i used a sterilising

tablet (something that fizzes)in some hot water in a jug and using a spare washer pump i pumped the fluid through the jets

continually this really helped to get them working well again, now the water is hitting 3/4 up the windscreen and not in the lower half,

the water afterwards was quiet mucky.

• Like 1

Latest Deals

Toyota Official Store for genuine Toyota parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links