Do Not Sell My Personal Information

My aygo has been written off

kisbell

My poor aygo got hit on the M4 Doesn't seem that bad but it has been written off.

Dam you BMW driver. 

20170927_152404.jpg

• Sad 1

Seriously? They wrote it off for that?! A 2011 Aygo??? Surely replacing the back bumper panel can't be that expensive! Unless there is other damage I can't see...

What insurer if you don't mind me asking?

My Yaris has had a front and rear collision, requiring a new rear bumper on the first occasion and a new rad and other front-end bits on the second - both times it was repaired, and I'm sure my Yaris was worth considerably less than your Aygo is at that time!!

There were changes made to the categories of insurance write-offs from 1st October 2017 - 

From the photo we don't know what damage lies behind the rear bumper, but if the cost of repair was likely to exceed 50% of the car's market value before the damage was done, the car would be written off. In terms of parts and labour, the cost of repair would only need to be £1,000-1,200, to warrant the insurer writing off car.

Also we don't know how well the car has now been repaired.

• Like 1

dont forget the £1000 - £1200 will probably include the cost of any hire car that has been supplied so that will reduce the amount available for the actual repair.

Wow, that was some top notch investigating there mate!

That just seems dodgy as hell - Sold to a salvager for £1280 and now sold on repaired with no mention of it being accident damaged for £2895?!

How much did they give you for the car??

Yer not wrong Moo. With dodgy **** like that going on (ref the non disclosure of accident), I'll be sticking to purchasing my next AYGO from the Toyota dealer. 

Makes you wonder how many used cars out there are hiding a shady past.

I was given £3250 for the car not bad but I am still out of pocket because I filled the car up the two days before it was hit.

My replacement is a 2014 aygo move with style it has 22000 miles on it. Cost £4991 from Toyota derby. 

• Like 3

That seller on Gumtree and the company itself should need be informed that the car was a insurance write off. I wondered how many other cars they might have sold.

Sorry for your car. The BMW is badly damaged, too. That must have been some shock.

The problem with the Aygo is that the rear bumper is really thin, flexible and the wheels are right after it. So in case of shock from behind, the rear wheels will be touched, which means important damage.

:(

56 minutes ago, kisbell said:

I was given £3250 for the car not bad but I am still out of pocket because I filled the car up the two days before it was hit.

You could have bought your old car back, totally urmmm... roadworthy :blink:

Joking aside, the important thing is that you weren't hurt in the incident.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Oooh nasty, that was quite a knock! Nearly punted you into the Subaru! :eek:

Did you  take out the audio to avoid all the swearing? :laugh:

I'm glad you were on a part of the motorway that still has a hard shoulder; The Highways Agency seems to have it in for us around here - I personally would much rather have 3 lanes and a hard shoulder than 4 lanes and no hard shoulder!

That looks like a pretty decent Dashcam tho' - I hope you were able to keep it, or at least get money back from the insurers for it as well as your other stuff!

• Like 1

Glad you were ok , but I am surprised you bought another Aygo ? For me they are just far too small, I have a Yaris 1.4d4d and I am wanting to replace it ASAP because of the size , its just not practical when you have a wife and kid.

I don't have the sound on no point. But I did say some naughty words when that happened. 

I took every thing out of the car before it was taken away. The only thing I lost was the petrol & floor mats.

Shame the car was just serviced full+ 

I drove it home after the acident happened wasn't a good idea.

Thank goodness the highways agency didn't come in here they charge you for the privilege.

13 minutes ago, Patonski said:

Glad you were ok , but I am surprised you bought another Aygo ? For me they are just far too small, I have a Yaris 1.4d4d and I am wanting to replace it ASAP because of the size , its just not practical when you have a wife and kid.

Before I got the previous aygo I had a ford mondeo 1.8tdic titanium X cost a fortune to run tyers where £165 each and cost over  £100 to fill up each week.

The aygo is so much cheaper £60 tyers £37 a week for petrol. 

The kids have plenty of room.

• Like 2

The seller says it was only the bumper that needed repairing and it was a Year ago!!!!! and that you lost all the paper work? He seems to sell many cars like this. No mention of it being an insurance write off, very naughty! He does not declare either that he is a dealer.

28 minutes ago, saxo265 said:

The seller says it was only the bumper that needed repairing and it was a Year ago!!!!! and that you lost all the paper work? He seems to sell many cars like this. No mention of it being an insurance write off, very naughty! He does not declare either that he is a dealer.

The insurance company has the spare key and all the paperwork for the car. The acident happened last month. He sounds very dodgy to me.

• Like 1

4 hours ago, kisbell said:

Before I got the previous aygo I had a ford mondeo 1.8tdic titanium X cost a fortune to run tyers where £165 each and cost over  £100 to fill up each week.

Fair points it sounds ideal for you so each to their own

, its just not for me though maybe an Avensis estate next for me , I just like the space for shopping trips and holidays , plus carrying a bit of DIY gear,

• Like 1

On 10/28/2017 at 4:32 PM, kisbell said:

I sold my BMW 1 series and have a 4 door aygo, also with wife and a 2.5 yr old son . I also find it fine for everything but agree, holiday gear can sometimes be tough.

44 minutes ago, AYGOSTU said:

I sold my BMW 1 series and have a 4 door aygo, also with wife and a 2.5 yr old son . I also find it fine for everything but agree, holiday gear can sometimes be tough.

Found the 107/C1/Aygo more than capable for 4 heavyweight guys and a weekends camping equipment. Although, I will say, we were creative with the storing of the beer cases.

On 10/28/2017 at 9:17 AM, kisbell said:

I just view the video, which is very good. It is good you have the Dashcam because I would suspect a crash for cash, though normally it is the last car that is the victim! Look at the state of the Subaru with the smashed rear window. That is why I leave space to the car in front. At least you are okay.
I agree with others about the seller. If the insurance has written it off, it should be known when a prospective buyer does an independent history/hpi check.

• 3 weeks later...

My replacement aygo has the dreaded water where the spare wheel is! The old one was fine. Not having much luck at the moment. 

1 hour ago, kisbell said:

My replacement aygo has the dreaded water where the spare wheel is! The old one was fine. Not having much luck at the moment. 

If you bought the replacement from a dealer, it is down to them to repair the water leak(s).