Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Corolla T Sport alarm Pre facelift.

andyw114

The alarm on my pre facelift Corolla T Sport as just started to go off on its own.

After research on here i disconnected the under bonnet switch. 10 minutes later the alarm went off. I went around all the four doors and disconnected the door switches. I found one switch that fell apart and was all corroded. Brilliant, i thought! 20 minutes later the alarm went off again. So all switches are disconnected and there are no internal movement sensors that can cause issues. 

What to look at next?

Is there a fuse to disconnect the alarm?

Thanks, Andy.

If it is a standard alarm or if you have declared to your insurer the car has an alarm, and you disconnect it, you will affect the validity of your insurance.

I might of sorted the issue. I am just having to wait now to see if the alarm goes off again. I have shuck the car and jumped up and down on the towbar and that as not set it off.

After lots of internet time and coming up with nothing, i decided to pull a few panels off.

Under the dash, by the foot pedal, behind the little pull open compartment there is a Theft Warning box. I disconnected this and and all seems good so far. Every thing else in the car works. 20 minutes so far and all is good.

Thank you for you comment about the insurance. I do totally agree with you but, it was not helpful on a first comment when the alarm is sounding every 10 minutes, and annoying the neighbours.

Last thing on my mind at that time was to call up the insurance to tell them that i might be disabling my alarm!

Hope the information will be useful to others.

Andy

I didn't suggest you telephone the insurers. I was highlighting the risk of disabling the alarm.

So as you appear to have disabled the alarm as a quick fix, your insurance policy may not be valid.

The box is the alarm system box, you have disabled it completely. There is internal sensors in the interior it maybe them causing the alarm to go off, they can be caused by anything unfortunately as they are quite sensitive. 

Thanks for the information. I can't see any internal sensors. I can't see a boot switch either. I hope to find the problem so i can connect up the alarm again. 

Its difficult trying to find the installation guide for the Corolla alarm. I can find them for other later Toyota's, but not for what i need. If i had that, then it would help with wire colours and connection plugs, etc.

Andy.