Do Not Sell My Personal Information

• Join Toyota Owners Club

Join Europe's Largest Toyota Community! It's FREE!

Fuelly Site signature banners

CPN

I wonder if everyone is aware that using the Fuelly banner signatures is totally broken now as they are not updating at all?

I did get a mail from Steve explaining that "I think you will find the reason why maybe because we use an imageproxy cache on the server. This was added a short while ago to cache images to prevent 3rd party photo companies to pull the plug (like photobucket) on all the images members posted."

Is this ever going to get fixed?

fuelly need to change the way they are servicing their widget. Websites are forced to se SSL which means forums have to cache all the images users add, otherwise there will be error after error as members will add images from non-secure servers. We are forced to cache every image temporarily so we can can serve it. Soon this site will be moving in to https Environment which will require the cache.

Basically our server will cache fuelly at the last date when its added, anything from that point will not update unless I can find a way not to cache fuelly.

I think I now understand the basic problem here and you are right Steve. It really is Fuelly that's the problem actually because even when an mpg figure is updated, the image in the sig block file from their server, retains exactly the same name and because you are caching at your server, it perceives there to be "no change" and simply draws the image file from the cache instead of using the Fuelly one... I'll try and contact the guys at Fuelly again but I can also see their problem too because if the filename were to change every time there was a fill-up, 1. they would soon be overloaded with extra files and 2. the user would have to change their signature every time. I cannot actually see a solution other than for the Club end to stop caching just the signatures.

Latest Deals

Toyota Official Store for genuine Toyota parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links