Do Not Sell My Personal Information

• Join Toyota Owners Club

Join Europe's Largest Toyota Community! It's FREE!

HIR2 upgrade bulbs

FROSTYBALLS

Fitted a pair today. The easiest car for replacing headlight bulbs I've had for a long time ....  Will see what the performance is like later tonight.

Also ordered the Optiwhites, for my mk2 Aygo, which should arrive Wednesday at the dealership. Mr Toyota is going to fit for free 😀

Will let you guys know my opinion once I’ve tried them out next week 💡 💡 

There is also the Optiblue available for those who want to look cool 😎 but they don’t claim to offer any extra brightness 

18 hours ago, Cjohnston1982 said:

Also ordered the Optiwhites, for my mk2 Aygo, which should arrive Wednesday at the dealership. Mr Toyota is going to fit for free 😀

Will let you guys know my opinion once I’ve tried them out next week 💡 💡 

There is also the Optiblue available for those who want to look cool 😎 but they don’t claim to offer any extra brightness 

Oh, any info about the part number for Optiblue HIR2 bulbs

4 hours ago, Justhandguns said:

Oh, any info about the part number for Optiblue HIR2 bulbs? 

I don’t know sorry. I just asked my local dealer for the Optibrights for my 2017 Aygo and they ordered them for around £49.

I heard about the Optiblues on a Toyota YouTube video but I’m sure your local dealer should be able to find them for you.

4 hours ago, Justhandguns said:

Oh, any info about the part number for Optiblue HIR2 bulbs? 

Most Toyota dealers won't issue part numbers, as invariably people just go elsewhere and purchase third party equivalents using the part number information.  The same applies to quite a few marques. 

If one wants a price for the Optiblues, one can get that from your local dealer, or send Parts King a pm (give details of your car including the reg.no).

• 3 weeks later...

Ok a little update on my Optiwhites. They are slightly whiter but it’s difficult to notice now that a lot of street lamps are white LEDs.

Dipped headlights do have a slightly better range and edge lighting. Full beam is a big improvement and fantastic on lonely country lanes. Worth getting in my opinion and it’s only £50

The problem is however, that I went to Toyota and got proper certified bulbs whereas there are now more drivers than ever using illegal and incorrectly fitted bulbs which dazzle and make driving really difficult.

Latest Deals

Toyota Official Store for genuine Toyota parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links