Do Not Sell My Personal Information

• Join Toyota Owners Club

Join Europe's Largest Toyota Community! It's FREE!

Windscreen cover for winter

Dereklad

Hello people..

right i bought a windscreen cover off eBay to stop my windscreen from frosting up...one side is black the other is silver..on the eBay pic its silver side up but i would have thought it would be silver side down..any opinions please aygo peeps..

9972C629-5F68-4F6A-BEFE-EBDC92EEEEC5.png

I've got the AA version which is exactly the same.It states black side up for the winter and silver side upwards as a sunshade.

• Like 1

My cardboard doesn't have a black side or a white side :(

• Haha 2

On 14/11/2017 at 1:10 PM, mickburkesnr said:

My cardboard doesn't have a black side or a white side :(

My cover doesn't either lol

I got a question on the topic of windscreens..got in my car last night and took 10 minites to get rid of the mist on the inside of screen with the fan..what do people use to get rid of the internal mista rag o ra sponge?

Hi Derek,

What I use is one of these:

https://www.amazon.co.uk/LARGE-DEHUMIDIFIER-REUSABLE-MOISTURE-ABSORBED/dp/B00AZZB5UY/ref=sr_1_3?ie=UTF8&qid=1510910145&sr=8-3&keywords=dehumidifier+bags

You get two in the pack so I put one on the little shelf above the radio and "Re-charge" the other on the hall radiator, I'm not saying that I always have a completely clear windscreen in the morning but it certainly helps.  This morning, I had a very thin misty film on the inside of the screen which I completely cleared in about 60-90 seconds with the fan on cool.  (About midway)  Don't whack the heater up to hot and direct it straight onto a cold glass windscreen as I used to do before somebody told me that it wasn't a good idea and that the actual movement of cool air over the inside of the screen was as good, if not better.

I try not to use any kind of sponge or microfibre cloth as you always get streaks and when the sun is as low in the sky as it is in winter, those streaks can be deadly.

I hope that helps. :smile:

P.S. If you crack the side window open a bit whilst you have the fan on cool, that helps as well so your own body heat isn't re-misting the screen....I know, it all sounds a bit Geeky but it works for me. :wink:

• Like 1

Nice one agent orange i might try some of them because waiting 10 minites to clear the windscreen is a bit of a pain .i bought them on Amazon just..ill report back on there performance..👍

They are worth a go at just less than a tenner.....I've been using them for a couple of winters now and I just swap them over every week or two.  You know when you need to change them over because some of the crystals that you can see through the net part of the bag, change to blue.

When you are driving the car, take the bag off the dashboard and you'll find that it fits down between the handbrake and the gear lever, so it's safely out of the way.

I hope you like them, Derek....I do!! :smile:

P.S. You might find that they don't work as well as you hope for the first week, and you have to change them every couple of days...Don't worry, they are just drying out the car, after that, you should be pleased with them.

I've used similar bags to good effect.

Also when you leave the car, put the ventilation control to recirc rather than fresh air.

Could also have a look at the following - 

- note the shaving foam practice.

Yeah I sat this morning waiting ten minutes for the windscreen to demist. I seem to remember the mk1 Aygo I had was faster at clearing but for some reason the mk2 aygo is slower. I'll try the cool air trick and the bags.

I've got a load of those silica gel pouches you get with electronical things sitting in the passenger under-tray which seems to help, but if the windscreen is misted up I set the heater to maximum heat, blower to windscreen and turn the AC on; Clears it in seconds as long as it's just mist and not frost! (Frost takes a bit longer...)

I bought them silicon bags off Amazon and ill see how they go..can a heated windscreen be bought if so how much,cos my nephew has got one on his fiesta.

10 hours ago, Dereklad said:

I bought them silicon bags off amazon and ill see how they go..can a heated windscreen be bought if so how much,cos my nephew has got one on his fiesta.

Ford used to have a patent on them but it ran out years ago. Unfortunately not many other car manufacturers do them and even if they do its only high spec ones.

Latest Deals

Toyota Official Store for genuine Toyota parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links