Do Not Sell My Personal Information

• Join Toyota Owners Club

Join Europe's Largest Toyota Community! It's FREE!

touring CVT

giffardo

so I test drove a CVT 1.8 tourer, I have driven a 1.8 manual tourer for past 5 years.

It was a strange experience at first, granted it was only a 10 minute test drive. All I read about the CVT is good but I think I would need to take a longer test drive to be sure. I was putting foot down and over reving it seemed. Also can't see the use of gear change paddles as car takes control again anyway.  I'm sure once you get used to it a manual would seem so old fashioned.

there is much more feel in steering, interior is much nicer, it seemed quieter but on the outside only really the lighs and front have changed, very subtle update. seems a lot of car for the money compared to everything else at the moment.

Just purchased one without a test drive. I have a T25 1.8 manual TR estate happy with it but really needed something newer so took the plunge.

Always had estates from toyota including 4 camry "best cars I have ever owned. I am picking up on the value these offer compared to the others at present,

only problem not many around or made. With a 5 year warranty and the prices around  bottom end Focus prices, bargain of the year for me.

A lot of car for the money plus a very good demand for when you decide to let it go. A very special secret this car is!!!!! have a look there are bargains to be had.

PS The wifes having the TR too good to let go.

On 16/11/2017 at 4:33 PM, giffardo said:

there is much more feel in steering, interior is much nicer, it seemed quieter but on the outside only really the lighs and front have changed, very subtle update.

I agree about the 2015 > facelift  having improved steering & being quieter, not so sure about the interior being much nicer (the fundamentals haven't changed that much imo).  I do wish that they hadn't deleted the aux power outlet in the front console - they give you a perfect place to put your smartphone with one hand but remove the convenient place to charge it from with the other!

Latest Deals

Toyota Official Store for genuine Toyota parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links