Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Which engine oil to use

Japanoj

Hi all

first time on the forum.

require some assistance, we have owned our avensis sr 2.0 petrol for 15 years now.

really comfortable and reliable car.

although we have serviced the car on time I am worried about using cheap engine oil, car done 161k .

which oil and brand can someone recommend?

thanks

I use Toyota own brand oil..you can type reg into eurocarparts for oil types for your car and they do great deals too.

Your oil type would more likely be 5/30 semi. That' what I had been given in my 06 avensis d4d and 1.8vvti also my auris. 

I would agree, maybe fully synthetic would also be OK as it lists both...on eurocarparts. It is gear oil where there are more specifications you have to be more careful.... 

Some people add stp engine oil treatment when miles go past 120,000 and some even say that it adds a protective layer to the engine.

Go on Opie Oils,  type in reg. I’m assuming it’s 5/30- I would use something like this;

https://www.opieoils.co.uk/p-876-motul-8100-eco-nergy-5w-30-fully-synthetic-car-engine-oil.aspx fairly cheap and good quality stuff, what I’m using in my next change.

if it’s running fine I wouldn’t add any STP additives, usually best not to add anything