Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Auris Hybrid - Cant Get In

Catlover

The dreaded has happened. I had an operation 3.5 weeks ago, after 2 weeks I took the car for a shortish run (approx 4 miles), but today, feeling much better and wanting to get out and about, I cant even open the doors - not even with the key (tried 2 remotes and their keys)

Its a 2010 Mk2 Auris Hybrid. Worked perfectly until left for above reasons. Tried to get the wife to use it but she wouldnt (she has the manual Yaris).

Any ideas. Cant get in it even to raise the bonnet. I thought the keys were supposed to work. Or am I doing something wrong!

Keys are supposed to work. Are you sure you did not take the wife's fob instead?

Keys are supposed to work - I agree, thats the part most worrying.   Wife has got here main fob with her out shopping, and her spare is clearly marked.

I've got the Auris Hybrid and have never used the key.Try a Google search on Toyota Auris Hybrid keys not working and it brings up several similar key problems with the Prius which you may find of help.Basically give the lock a good squirt of WD40 and it takes a little bit more force than normal to open the door with the key.Then they are talking either recharge the Battery or a replacement being needed - but read the items first !

Got into the car - stiff lock, pair of pliers helped me turn the key.

Start Resue here at the moment - they jumping across to get some life in the 12v. Panic over, thanks

Put lithium grease, or oil in there, wd40 is not long lasting. Glad you worked it out.

Just dab it on the key, put in and out few times, turn etc, then wipe the key clean.

Lithium grease, will do, got some in the shed.  Thanks