Do Not Sell My Personal Information

• Join Toyota Owners Club

Join Europe's Largest Toyota Community! It's FREE!

2013 - Auris 1.4 D4D - service advice required

mac_auris63

Hi guys, recently bought an ex fleet Auris 1.4D4D on a 63 plate. Car has been maintained well with all previous services conducted at main dealer. Car drives well and I have absolutely no complaints.

May 14 - 10,000

Nov 14 - 20,000

Apr 15 - 30,000

Aug 15 - 40,000

Feb 16 - 50,000

July 16 - 66,000

Usually I get my local mechanic to do all work and supply the parts. Car has currently done 78,000 so I know that it is time to do the service plus I just want to do the service for peace of mind. The car comes with a 5 year warranty (of which there is a year still remaining) question I have is that do I need to take it to the main dealer to get serviced to keep the warranty in place? is it worth doing so...they have quoted me £480 for the next 2 services (service plan) which also includes free mot.

What do you guys recommend?

Toyota services are due at 1 year or 10,000 mile intervals, whichever occurs first.

So the service history is OK up to and including the February 2016 service, with services having been completed on the mileage basis.

The July 2016 service was done late - should have been at 60,000, not 66,000 - so that was 6,000 miles overdue !!

However, to maintain the new car warranty, the service you say is due should have been completed either in July 2017 (12 months since the last service) or at 76,000 miles - whichever occurred first.

Toyota allow a leeway of 1 month or 1,000 miles, whichever occurs first.

As the last service was overdue, and the current service is overdue the remainder of the new car warranty may be affected, as the car hasn't been serviced according to Toyota's servicing requirements.

As regards the service plan, the price quoted is for a Full+ and an Intermediate service under Toyota's Fixed Price Service scheme, with the free MOT as an inducement. See https://www.toyota.co.uk/owners/service-mot-maintenance/servicing.json

However if the car is over five years old when the next service is due, Toyota's Essential Care scheme could be used, where the Silver service (equivalent to Intermediate) costs around £100 and the Gold service (equivalent to the Full) costs around £180. Having a service plan that covers the Full+ service and the Essential Care Silver service reduces the probable cost of the plan by around £85.

@FROSTYBALLS thanks for the information, that's really useful. I have only had the car a month or so, got it to replace a Yaris 1.3vvti which was a fantastic little runner. If I am honest, I prefer getting my local mechanic to work on my cars (supplying genuine Toyota parts) as I trust him and can watch him do the service. Having said that if I could get the full service and the intermediate service for anywhere near to £400 I think I will just take it to the main dealer esp if they are throwing in the MOTs free.

I will give the dealer a call now to see what can be done on the price. will let you know how I get on.  

I just got off the phone with the local dealers....they did some digging and basically the last service that was carried out on the car was a full service including the spark plugs etc. they advised that I should pay for a single intermediate service for £185 + £35 for the MOT. they said it was not possible to combine different service plans...so basically pay for intermediate service now and then take a essential service plan.

Spark plug? In a diesel?

Probably glow plugs, or maybe they were checking the wrong car.

haha, yes you are quite right not sure what the person I spoke to really knew what they were talking about...did come across more salesperson-ish.

given that the service intervals on my auris are already out of alignment would I am more leaning towards buying the service parts from Toyota and getting my own mechanic to do all the work.

• Like 1

Latest Deals

Toyota Official Store for genuine Toyota parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links