Do Not Sell My Personal Information

• Join Toyota Owners Club

Join Europe's Largest Toyota Community! It's FREE!

cv joint retainer clip

greg_s

Hey guys, 
I replaced the CV joint on my 54 plate avensis yesterday, but between the two of us were broken the retaining C clip that goes on the end of the drive shaft. The CV kit came with one, but now we can't seem to find another without buying a new cv kit! I've found a box of different rings on eBay for the avensis, but I'm not sure of the measurements of the drive shaft and the thickness of the clip. Can anyone help with this? Thanks

Had this issue myself, only because I didn't know how to clamp the retaining clips that came with the CV Boot kits.

I've read that using a metal cable tie is just as good as using the actual clip itself. You can get it tight enough with a set of pliers and a screwdriver without spending a silly amount of money on a cable tie gun.

Alternatively if you went to a local motor factors they should keep the clips in stock without having to buy the kit. There is a proper tool I found on eBay for those clips, which is what I should've used when I did mine.

Latest Deals

Toyota Official Store for genuine Toyota parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links