Do Not Sell My Personal Information

• Join Toyota Owners Club

Join Europe's Largest Toyota Community! It's FREE!

Help!!

Tambourine man

Hello everyone,

In our small country (Israel) Toyota vehicles have a reputation for reliability and safety.

Me and my wife have three small children and "Toyota Verso" is the best reliability we could get with our budget.

For a year we have been looking for several options in the private market, and finally we went to the place we considered to be the most reliable place: Toyota's local attorney agency.
In Israel we have a brand called "TOYOTA SELECT", which is second hand cars from privet people who made a trade, and got a new car. 
It is located in the most popular Toyota's local agencies.

5 months ago we purchased a second hand car in a new condition in such agency. 
8000 miles, after 155 tests of authorized technicians, model 2016.
We have been told that it was owned by a private seller who ask for a 4X4 car, instead of his privet 2X4. 

A month ago we have got a phone call from the police. They wanted to check the car.
It turned out that this car had a very serious accident, got off the road, was treated illegally and was returned to the market by a car dealer who sell it to an official Toyota agency, under the cover of a new car.
It terns out that our Toyota's local attorney agency told us a false story.

In retrospect, it is clear to us that this was a fraud (we have evidence).
The local concessionaire refused to give us a full pay back.
The official importer (Union Motors, Israel) intervened and they willing to pay us a full pay back only.

Unfortunately, we were not offered adequate compensation for the distress, aggravation and harassment and quarrels with my wife and regarding that they endangered our and our children's lives and regarding that currently my wife (after giving birth) using taxis, driving 2 small kids + a 4 month old baby. 

The question is which Toyota representative should be approached in order to receive adequate compensation.

Thanks in advance!

Difficult to answer as consumer legislation varies so much from country to country.

In the UK, for example, the contract would be between the customer and the retailer, in your case Toyota Select. In the UK, there are also services that retailers can use to check the history of any used car, and although not infallible, can provide a level of reassurance. Consumer legislation in the UK provides a degree of protection but doesn't cover the type of compensation you're seeking, for which separate legal action would be required.

You need to seek proper legal advice in your own country, which may or may not be at cost to you.

Latest Deals

Toyota Official Store for genuine Toyota parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links