Do Not Sell My Personal Information

I Want To Thank U Guys :)

eternity575

just wanted to say THANKS!

i couldnt done that without u guys!

although ive done it just for the front calipers.. its amazingly simple and changes the whole appearance of the car...

thats all..

THANKS AGAIN!

yea ive been considering doing mine, seems to be a popular thing, weathers been bit **** last week, seems to be perking up again so i may save up some cash and do it over next couple of weeks along with spraing centre concole piece and first section of speedo and part of door pannel

how long does it take 2 dry and do i need to take the wheel off to paint them, i dont have access to a guarage u see :(

24 hours to dry and yes you need the wheels off,

its a easy job to do just a pain waiting for it to dry :thumbsup:

24 HOURS! No chance of doing it this weekend then - I've got the same problem as Chuck 04...

i think you can get ones that dry quicker but im not sure how long the paint lasts, cant you leave the car on axle stands over night?

sucks dont it alan

ill have a word around with a few contacts see if they have access 2 any im sure i can get done tho :D i have my ways :ph34r::ph34r:

24 HOURS! No chance of doing it this weekend then - I've got the same problem as Chuck 04...

U have no chance of doing it ever, all the way up there in the north of Scotland! :lol:

Cheers :thumbsup:

24 hours!

its touch dry in an hour! just dont catch or scrape them for a day and itll dry on rock hard

:P

the paint i used warned that the heat produced from the brakes could stop the piant from cureing properly hence to wait 24hours. I just had some dodgy old stuff though i think. :thumbsup:

the heat will help to bake it on funilly enough!

look i was just reading the instructions smart ***** :P :P :P

and from my time when i used to build aston martin Vanquishes (glued remember) some products dont like being too hot when cureing, infact many had a optimum temp of around 26c.

so my caliper paint must of been one of these anoying products that are generaly a pain in the :censor: to work with but have better durability.

so read the instructions before you buy the stuff and make sure its quick cureing then you will all beable to run around with pretty painted calipers.

Cheers

Niz

hehehe sorry mate just windin ya up! :D

ok..some pointers (geeesh i feel old and wise lol)

get 2 brushes.. a big one (well not too big) and a small painting brush (round one-like the ones u use for paintings)

get the hammerite smooth-red finish...

i used a lift at a friends garage, but u can use the jack (or better yet 2!) for each side..

to be honest.. it took me 3 hours and i was back on the road..

bout 20 minutes for the first layer.. then i let it dry for about 30 minutes.. then the other side... another 30 mins and off i went to my home 2 mins from there.. asked rob if its fine to take her for a 30 km spin to work after only 2 hours of drying. he said (and i quote) : "youll be fine" AND FINE IT WAS! lol

after some research ive done, it seems that because this paint is alcohol (or whatever) based, the hotter it gets, the harder it will be (the alcohol is going away and making it stronger better and faster - 6 million $ man! steve austin!!!) lol

k..

I cant promise, but ill try to take some photos of painitn gthe calips next week, were doing another car.. so if ur going to do it, hold on.. ill post the pics..

Me!!

U have no chance of doing it ever, all the way up there in the north of Scotland! :lol:

Cheers :thumbsup:

Thank you all for your constructive support... :P :lol: !

I might give it a shot at the weekend. Just black, but it should tidy up the front a bit...

Cheers,

Alan

Hi,

Didn't get a chance to do them at the weekend - I was all ready and went to take one of the front wheels off, but discovered that when the dealer fitted the alloys they changed the studs too. Result - the standard wheelbrace in the boot doesn't fit the studs on the wheels!

They're sorting it for me when it's in for a service a week on Saturday...

Will keep you updated,

A