Do Not Sell My Personal Information

• Join Toyota Owners Club

Join Europe's Largest Toyota Community! It's FREE!

Spot Of Diy

Chuck04

Well after seeing a post on here the other day decided to experiment and did a bit of DIY on some eyebrows had a spare black sunstrip lying around so thought cut it up and put to some use, what u guys think

eyebrows.jpg

Im also one step closer to sound system, aftermarket headunit fitted 2 day by myslef

inside.jpg

headunit.jpg

Sub amp etc being fitted over the weekend if arrives by then :thumbsup:

Charlie

OMG

I absolutely :wub: the blue lit pockets!!! how did you do it!

I want!

jst two lil 4" cathodes hidden away behind the lip at the front, wicked effect, ive wired them into the push switch u can see by gear knob, also got 2 front neons and rear total off four wired into same switch, jads adds somin 2 the car

u can get them off www.ebuyer.com nice and cheap

**Note**

the chuby hole idea was given 2 me by mate as my lights i had in there b4 werent very bright, i baugh my cathodes off him, cheers dude :thumbsup:

Looking good matey. Love the lighting affect nice one :drool:

jerry!!

did you say you use sunstrip fro the eyebrows

wicked

yea jst cut up a suntrip into a shape i liked, cost me nothing as i got the sunstrip a whil back free off my mate :lol:

hmmm!musta been hard to cut it to shape though, coz both havta be the same dont they? If i do it im gettin a silver sunstrip for it since my cars lucerne silver lol!!

wasnt to bad to be fair, once done 1 peal back backing and use that as a mask for the ova jst flip it over

cheers dude, yea be sweet to get it sorted, i mean the headunit made such a difference, was able to turn volume up withought 6x9s distortin or lossing bass, looking forward to hear quality and bass from sub :lol: using it to give me some extra bhp :lol: force comming outa sub helps me along

using it to give me some extra bhp :lol: force comming outa sub helps me along

you gotta demonstrate it to me at the southern meet!! :lol::lol::thumbsup:

I wouldnt mind a nice pair of lids...

*dreams on for the mo... lack of ££ :crybaby:

I wouldnt mind a nice pair of lids...

*dreams on for the mo... lack of ££ :crybaby:

using Chuck04 method it will only cost 15-25 and you will get a sun strip

yea exactly, mines the student method, haha always a way around things :lol: u can get them off eBay for usualy under a £10 howvever if u want gold, urs flame gold??, may need a bit of looking and may b more expensive, but still should b under 20 and thats a lot cheaper than the real deal

*will have to start looking around.... either flame gold or black/grey...not sure.. what d'ya think?

Also if any of you guys see some let me know!!

ooh... Chuck... Im no good at this sorta thing.. but would ya have some sort of template for em?

I am interested too know how do they look close up?

Can you tell its just a sunstrip cut up? :S

I am interested too know how do they look close up?

Can you tell its just a sunstrip cut up? :S

um ill grab a pic laters and u can judge, yea most likly as my cutting attempt was abit rused so yea u probably can but works for the mo, may re do it with a dark silver sunstrip if i can find 1, any body who does give me a shout pls

ooh... Chuck... Im no good at this sorta thing.. but would ya have some sort of template for em?

um not sorry, firsly depends wat sunstrip u get, the 1 i had was like a big sticker, had white backing, i was able to place it up against the light so that i could mark out the top shap, i then cut this out so that it fitted the shape of the light, all u then need to do is decide the shape of the bottom do u want it like mine kinda curved or more of a c -one look have a look at eyebrows u like and jst play around with the idea, u could always do it on paper first ie put some paper up against it and then mark out the shape, cut it out to see wat u think of it, when ur finally happy use the paper version as a stencle to cut around :thumbsup:

Latest Deals

Toyota Official Store for genuine Toyota parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links