Do Not Sell My Personal Information

• Join Toyota Owners Club

Join Europe's Largest Toyota Community! It's FREE!

Motorway With 5 Ppl

Blue84

Hi All,

I'm off out tomorrow evening and I'm driving..gonna have the Parents and two of their friends in my Yaris...she's a 1.0L engine and we'll going down the M25 for a bit and then onto a dual carriageway plus a bit of town driving. The M25 has a few dips and slopes but no major hills that I can think of. I've never really had my car fully loaded before and was just wondering if other people have ever had any probs with the 1.0L's when fully loaded? I know I'll need extra revs and need to leave gear changes a bit longer etc for more power but will the car be ok with it?

Sorry for such a girly question btw! All thoughts appreciated

Blue

i think you will be fine, you are aware of the differences you will experiance, so all is good :thumbsup:

Hi blue

You shouldn't have a problem there mate. The 1.0 litre has quite a strong engine. I remember when my wife had a yaris cdx 1.0 and that used to go fine fully loaded. just remember to use well timed gear changes and always keep the rev's up when over taking and you will be fine mate :thumbsup:After all it's a Toyota :thumbsup:

jerry!!

Should be fine just remember to brake earlier as it will take longer to stop!

Cheers :thumbsup:

Yeah, you are right about the braking, just give yourself more room between yourself and the car in front as your braking distance will be extended.

Let us know how it goes, it will be good for future reference.

Bear in mind you have a 16 valve engine with VVTi not a 40+ year old Ford engine you find in the Ka for example, albeit a little updated, it should/will be great.

Should be fine just remember to brake earlier as it will take longer to stop!

especially if you have overloaded the car, and if you are carrying approx 200litres of liquid the car will rock sidewards

I went form Manchester to Birmingham and back with 5 people, ovrnight bags and BIG squash racketbags im my 3 door 1.0L. I didnt have any problems. Of course the car was slower accelerating but i was very very impressed. Did Birmingham in under hour and a half and the reide was comfortable.

Just remeber to increase the tyre pressurs a little bit :thumbsup:

shouldnt b too bad ive had the car fully loaded 1s shoujold cope fine will jst take longer to pick up spead and yes the point about the breaking is very true somin 2 bare in mind wen driving, dont forget that uve got 5 people in the car thus need extra work 2 slow the car down

Hot tip of the day open ur windows and sunroof( if applicable) and get passangers to hang a parashute out.. thus slowing the car down with wind :lol::thumbsup:

Warning Dont rely on this allone for breaking...please still use a break

:thumbsup: :D

is using the gears(down shift) to slow the car down bad for the car?

good point there, one which id like 2 know the answer 2 seeing as i dont ;) ive been told u should as its less ware on break but then at the same time its jst gonna shift the cost onto the clutch as ur putting more work into the grears, i was taught by instructor jst to slip into 1st onces stoped, never down shifted

Hot tip of the day open ur windows and sunroof( if applicable) and get passangers to hang a parashute out.. thus slowing the car down with wind :lol::thumbsup:

Warning Dont rely on this allone for breaking...please still use a break

:thumbsup: :D

Are you mad???

You have to open the boot too for the full effect!

:thumbsup:

i would not reccomend downshifting to slow as its excessive wear on the clutch!compare price of new clutch to a set of break pads! :thumbsup:

also take care when cornering as it feels like its going to tip over if ur going fast(not that it doesnt anyway, but its worse when heavily loaded)

and breaking distance is greatly increased!

CB :thumbsup:

just take more consideration for stopping distances, cornering speed... otherwise it's a larf.

I had 4 mates in the yaris yesterday, 2 fattys in the back and acceleration was awful but once it's going it's good :)

generally just keep it above 4000rpm and you'll have no problems

Down shifting is good if ur razzing it but not really very good if ur out 4 the good old Sunday drive! :)

i would not reccomend downshifting to slow as its excessive wear on the clutch!compare price of new clutch to a set of break pads! :thumbsup:

also take care when cornering as it feels like its going to tip over if ur going fast(not that it doesnt anyway, but its worse when heavily loaded)

and breaking distance is greatly increased!

CB :thumbsup:

it doesnt feel as if its going to tip over, it just slides (to fix it I just need more air in the tyres)

oh making the car jump off the road, is that bad for the car when it lands?

is like a small hill and the front wheels are off the road approx 1-2cm dont think the back wheels leave the road

so is that the same as ragging it?

razzing - to drive very enthusiastically.

Couldn't have sed it better! :D

Latest Deals

Toyota Official Store for genuine Toyota parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links