Do Not Sell My Personal Information

• Join Toyota Owners Club

Join Europe's Largest Toyota Community! It's FREE!

Speakers For Yaris

JJ-Yaris

Hi all,

Since installing my cd player I have come to appreciate how even the beloved Yaris has such crappy standard Speakers! They distort with little bass and volume.. oh well time for a change

Was wondering who has a good system in their car, not wanting to spend loads and I dont want to amp them for the doors or the dash, any recommendations? Will I need any adaptors at all or will 10 cm fit straight in the dash? I recall reading somewhere that someone had 16cm ones in the doors, is this a straight forward fitting?

Any help with this will be gladly received!

Cheers JJ :thumbsup:

straight forward fitting in dash! take off grill wit screwdriver, and unscrew Speakers! the wire is attached via a clip, all ya havta do is cut this off and then wrap round terminals of new Speakers!

these are good for the dash:

http://caraudiosecurity.com/catalog/produc...roducts_id+2197 (ones im after) expensive but good!

http://caraudiosecurity.com/catalog/produc...roducts_id+2498 (few people have these and theyre sposed to be good for overall sound)

For the door, yeh 16s can go in! However youre more than likely going to have to make housings for the Speakers to sit in and also to be attached into the door!!

hello and welcome btw, theres quite a lot of peeps on here who know loads, did u say u have an aftermarket headunit..

Firstly id recoment gettin some 6x9s to wack onto ur parcel shelf, i have pioneer 330watt, set me bac about £50, with an aftermarket headunit will add some serious bass and quality 2 car,

Secondly u could either jst upgrade the other 4 Speakers, doors and dash or you could get urself some tweaters to go in dash and then jst wack a sub and amp in the boot

i recently bought my sub and amp, alpine type e, set me bac £140 for sub, amp, box and wiring kit, pretty good if u ask me,

:thumbsup:

If you want recommendations on good rear parcel shelf Speakers, the ones iv heard and sound the best are infinitys 7" by 10" sweet as and loud and will not distort easily!!!

Breezer thanks! I will definitely whip off the grills and get some 10cms in there, not sure whether £65 is a little too much :wacko: have to see the bank balance!!

Thanks for the links too I saw some of those Pioneers earlier today, they looked ok, saw the less powerful the 426 model - if they say 35w rms input and I will probably be fading slightly to the doors for the bass aspect, do you think there would be much benefit from getting the ones which will take 50w rms? They are quite a bit cheaper and as they wont be taking the full power fromt he head unit maybe they are a cheaper and 'equally good' option??

As for door Speakers how tricky is this door build going to be.. wil 13cms go straight in their place no messing around?

Chuck, thanks. Yeah it is a Sony cd player, nothing flash but a big difference on yaris standard tape deck!! Wont be getting 6x9s or 7x10s.. I have my old sub still Alpine 10' type r, that used to make a fair bit of noise, just need to buy another amp so am looking out for one at the moment! Just cash a bit tight!

Your sub and amp deal sounds very good - think will have to spend more than that on just the amp to power this beast.. anyone wanna buy it so I can buy same package as chuck04?? ;)

Thanks for your welcomes and help everyone :D :thumbsup:

yeh 65 quid is alot! i hadta put my plans back to buy a set of them as i need the money for holiday! buying ones with a higher RMS r rrecommended as they will not distort as easily

Yeah same here - too much expense in this country and too much tax... better not get started on that topic! Haven't even booked a holiday yet never mind paid for it, am feeling a bit light in the wallet department :(

i dont either (job) so iv hadto pay my holiday off using the EMA i got, also used for spendin money too! hadta b a tight git when goin out, coz all money spent on car or saved for holiday, sick of being skint :( :angry:

well just bought some Speakers - originally phoenix gold components but looks a pain to do doors so will leave to get some another day.. got a refund and replaced dash ones with some 10cm alpines, they sound ok! :thumbsup:

Poor choice imo! U should have got a set of components where the Speakers go in the doors and the tweeters go in the dash! Thats wot i've got and it sounds absolutely brilliant!

But hey, each 2 their own!

Cheers :thumbsup:

yeah components are good JJ.

Forgot about that ryan,lol!! I usually dont think bout components!

Latest Deals

Toyota Official Store for genuine Toyota parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links