Do Not Sell My Personal Information

• Join Toyota Owners Club

Join Europe's Largest Toyota Community! It's FREE!

Tinting Windows..

JJ-Yaris

How many of you have your windows tinted?

Anyone know the %age of light legally required to pass through? and does anyone know how much it costs to do?!

Wife had hers done by the dealer. Looks great!! They used Black Limo tint on the back ones and what is legal in Texas on the fronts. Since it is a black Prius,, really looks good!! And the cutting of the amount of sunlight that gets in here in the Texas summers, it makes one heck of difference on the AC!!

Love it!!

my mate had limo black fitted all around, but im pretty sure thats not legal! as far as im aware, the windscreen must not be tinted, the front sides 35%, and the back sides is currently being decided, but at moment it can be any % i tghink. same with the rear..

cheers guys.. maybe dark smoke all round would be the safe option then - obviously not windscreen though! I would definitely get pulled for that!!

Anyone know of proffessional fitting prices?

I thought I saw some ready cut stuff on eBay before - will have to have a look, tinting can be a b*tch!!

:thumbsup:

be careful with what you read about the % legalities! Some people quote the % as the amount of tint you can have and some quote it as the % of light that should go through!

I think the new rules state 25% tint 75% glass if you see what i mean by that!?

According to my tinter, he said the Yaris is running 10-12% tint as standard anyway so a 15% tint is legal. (front side windows)

rear side and back windows can bit tinted any darkness you like

Windscreen - Zero tint at all allowed

I got mine done for £200 which was 30% all round. Slightly too dark to be legal but not much in it really.

The police are only really concerned if your fully blacked out or very dark at the least......unless of course they catch you burning out on mcdonalds car park and then you would get arrested for having 1% over the legal limit! :D

Any reputable tinting place will be able to tell you what you can legally have (the rules seem to change an awful lot lately).

Rich

JJ-Yairs, remember when ppl ans questions where they are from. Laws are different in Texas than here.

Im presuming Wales is the same as England.

The Law:

Your allowed 35% MAX (Limo is 5%) on the back window, and the back 2 side windows. No tinting on the front two windows or the windscreen.

That is the law in England. That is correct as I have looked into it with tinting companys and such like.

"Light smoke" is the only legal one.

O and mirror tints are illegal, unless on a van. Incase you were considering it.

Latest Deals

Toyota Official Store for genuine Toyota parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links