Do Not Sell My Personal Information

• Join Toyota Owners Club

Join Europe's Largest Toyota Community! It's FREE!

Wanted: Advice On Buying A Pre 2000 Rav4

andyc

Hi Everyone

Newbie post:- I am looking to buy a 3 or 5 door RAV4 pre 2000. Is there a resource that I can refer to for buying tips? I would be interested to hear the downsides of the 5 door compared to the 3 door and vice versa. 2 adults 1 kid are we and I just wondered if we really need a 5 door. We would like to take our mountain bikes with us on days out. Anyone use a rack or carrier for bikes?

TIA

Andy Connor

Driven pretty much all the pre-2002 RAv's and think they are superb cars.

3 Door would comfortably fit 2 adults and 1 kid, we used to have regular trips with 4 adults in there...

GUess it depends on how much luggage your taking with, racks or harness's are available for the bikes not a problem so guess you could always havea Roof Rack for extra luggae on driving holiday aswell....

The 3 door is a better car to drive, both are easy but the 3 door is just so much more fun...

Just as an extra brother spent a little while out in Dubai with a 3 door and beet the Jeep and similars on the sand hands down, used to have to tow the others out regularly, well untill I jumped it over a dune and smashed the engine up a bit that is :o :D :D

Latest Deals

Toyota Official Store for genuine Toyota parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links