Do Not Sell My Personal Information

• Join Toyota Owners Club

Join Europe's Largest Toyota Community! It's FREE!

Nxt Mission

Chuck04

Got a spare 17 " flat screen comp monitor, so thought hey what could i use it for...... :lol: I know, add to my ICE so if im not mistaken......

using a VGA Adaptor

1402.jpg

i can connect my ps2 to the flat screen positioned somwhere with the boot, along with a strong enough invertor should b able to power them both :lol: thus having ablity to play games n watch dvds..

:thumbsup:

Dude, nothing personal but, why do you wanna play games and watch DVD's in your car? I mean, actually, I never understood people who add tv screens to a car. music is the only thing you can actually enjoy driving, while watching a screen means u are not driving, and in that case, I'm REALLY sure it's much better to watch a DVD or play PS2 at home in your living room with a regular TV and sitting comfortably in a couch or whatever. I dunno, perhaps im the wrong guy.

hey m8...

dont ... DONT use an inverter (12v-110v/220v)...

it will be a drain on your Battery, a humming to your sound, and a risk yo your alternator/kids/dog.

it sucks the life out of th ebattery, and generates lots of heat..

for some reason it messed up the electrical system on my old hyundai...

doesnt worth it...

if you have nothing to do with a 17" lcd ill take it :)

aaaggghhh, but traffic jams become so much more fun with a DVD/playstation, especially for passengers, and while the misses is shopping etc etc

hehe so many mixed views, the thing is, it wouldnt b in there perminantly as id b able to take it in and out so could use it for meets n stuff like that, or if going on a long drive for passangers or stuff like that, besides my ideas not defninate yet im still sorting out my sub and amp which doesnt seem to power up ;) gonna have another look in a min

if you attend cruises or meets/shows a TV ps2 is great :thumbsup:

for when your parked up waitng for people or its raining as has happens at the last 2 shows, then bordom is easly cured.

plus the chicks love coming out for a spin then parking up and watching a film :lol::lol::lol:

i agree that if you just drive the same a-b route every week then its not worth it.

once again its one of these things that is down to personal preference :thumbsup:

Niz

id get a tv, and watch stuff in traffic jams.....

But most likely, what happens when im stuck somewhere, or im in car waiting for someone! im not bored am i?!

Cheers

Matt

well my projects underway! bought a gamecube for £50 and also got a game (MARIO KART :D ) Woo Hoo! My inverters on its way, so as soon as its here i can put gamecube into car wooo hooo :D :D

Oh well, now I understand, anyway, its an expensive thing to have JUST to use during traffic jams, meets or worst, for passengers, I mean, I'd rather use that money in some performance parts. Im not gonna spend so much money to keep the passengers entertained, hehe.

agree with durbans completely, plus how much of a geek do you look at in your car playing ps2 on your own lol.

wel i think it would b great to av a tv wit ps2 so u can play whilst waitin at place rather than lookin like a lonely geek pickin ya nose, and u can play DVD's whick sound great on a gud install,

jus my 2p worth not a dig at no1

I dunno man, I don't care looking like a geek watching or not watching, who cares what other people think. Point is, with the cost of having a DVD or PS2 installed with the TV screen and all, plus labour, and if its the "high quality" stuff, Im pretty sure I could upgrade my car with a turbo for the same amount of money...

ive got the flat screen already, had a spare which cost me nothing, ive got a ps2 so all i need is the adaptor roughly £25 and then somin to power it

Latest Deals

Toyota Official Store for genuine Toyota parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links