Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Ice Techies...

Kenno

I'm currently using the standard Yaris CD player (I've got a Sony MD head unit and CD changer too, but I don't want to have it installed in the little tray under the cd player, so might not use it).

I've got the standard 4 Speakers and I've also got the Toyota AMP/subwoofer thing under my seat.

I've been thinking of getting parcel shelf Speakers but I'm not keen on having big flashy noticeable ones (they'll probably get nicked).

What would you do ICEwise for about £200-300 if this was your car?

I'd be after good value rather than top quality stuff.

Ta, if anyone's got any ideas. :help:

1) being as you dont want to bung it in the cash box then purchase the adaptor facia for it

2) 100 will buy you some nice components for the doors and dash

3) 120 ish will buy a nice pair of decent 6x9s for the rear shelf

4) remaining 80 will pay for harness adaptor and any materials for a stealth shelf for the back (to protect the speakers) and speaker wire

sorted

I agree with Jaxx but u can get a very decent pair of 6x9's for about £80 I would have thought? :huh:

Cheers :thumbsup:

I'd better get shopping then. any good websites for Speakers? Do Gold members get worthwhile discounts anywhere?

Will using my Sony Headunit make much difference over the standard Toyota cd player?

Thanks!

2 6.5" infinitys here (components) and one big 15" cerwin vega woofer ... very happy with it...

i bought a decent pair of 300w infinities for £50 !!

I wos gonna say that but I didn't want 2 check the prices cos I couldn't be bothered!

!Removed! hell, you lot are quick!

well your sony headunit will be more powerful, and if like me you create your own cds on the computer then the playback will be of a better quality as the standard headunit isnt really 100% compatable with rw discs,

it plays them back but sometimes the quality just isnt there

Ta, I'll look into getting the fascia then.

Has anyone got a 'speaker jargon' to English translator on them?

I'm looking at the Infinty Speakers on MCS but I might have to rely on choosing the prettiest!

what you stuck with on the Jargon?

my cd player plays cdr's but not rw's!but its knackered at the moment the thing keeps over heating the cutting out!!!radio plays fine!cd will play for a bit then cut out the the cd is quite hot!!anyone have this problem and if so how did the solve it!!

(hope this isnt intruding on the post to much!delete it if it is!!)

CB :thumbsup:

this happened to me when I was testing a headunit on a 500ma 12V power supply, the radio worked, the CD cuts out after a second, and restarts the headunit

are you running anything off the radio power cables, is the Battery fully charge

how long does it take to heat up?

what you stuck with on the Jargon?

Pretty much everything! such as '#PlusOne. Unipivot. 60w RMS/180w peak'

Ok, I know the Watts (RMS is the important one right?), but no idea what the other bit means! and they all seem to have all kinds of different terminology.

Can you recommend any good specific models? for the 4 front Speakers and two parcel shelf ones (6x9's? or am I getting ahead of myself here?!)?

Checked the bank today and the budget has crumbled to £200 max!

Does the standard yaris cd player support rear Speakers?

Ta for all the help. :thumbsup:

ignor the rest of what it tells you as yes that is generally crap

i can highly recommend the alpine sxs-1757s for a good component setup for the person on a budget, they are 6.5inch ones but if you dont want to mess about then you can get the smaller 5.25 versions

if you look on eBay there is a chap who sells them on there for a very handsome prices

the stereo will support rear Speakers yes but generally struggles to put the power down for 6x9s. but if you get your aftermarket unit fitted in with the facia adaptor then youll have a good strong stereo which will happily run the rear channel all day long

Cheers, I'll look out for them.

Are the Toyota ones I've got now 5.25" then? I'd rather go for a simple replacement so I'll stick to the same size.

D'you have to get the Fascia from Toyota still, or are other places selling them now?

Where did you get them from?

Oh yeh, does anyone know the size of the 4 standard front Speakers? I'm gonna look for replacements, but need to know what ones'll fit in.

Ta :thumbsup:

Dash are 4" or 10cm and the door are 5.25" but i think u can fit in 6.5" Speakers but not 2 sure on that!

yeah rob has those

Cheers. I'd better stick with 5.25" ones then.

Does anyone know anything about the Toyota sub/amp thing that fits under the seat?

I bought one for my stereo, but I've seen a new head unit I want - will the sub/amp thing connect to it d'you think? or will it just be for Toyota stereos?

Ta.

Scott.

One last question - then I'll stop!

If I get a pair of 6x9s for the parcel shelf, how do I wire them up to the stereo (either Toyota or a new headunit)?

Somebody said I'd have to lose 2 of the other Speakers cos you can only have 4??

Ta.

Where did you get them from?

Oh yeh, does anyone know the size of the 4 standard front Speakers? I'm gonna look for replacements, but need to know what ones'll fit in.

Ta :thumbsup:

i bought my 6x9s from halfrauds but you can also buy them at that price from www.caraudiosecurity.com

After installing the Speakers into the parcel shelf the easiest method of connecting them to the headunit is by buying a 15 pound loom off your Toyota Dealer which basically splits the speaker out plugs and allows you to add another set of Speakers. Then you need to run some speaker wire from this loom to the rear Speakers through the door sills.

you can have a connector on the parcel shelf so you can easily disconnect the speakers and take the parcel shelf should you need too. so you can have more than 4 speakers

Cheers! :thumbsup:

Does this affect the sound quality or power output the more Speakers you have?

Sorry - i know I said that I'd asked my last question! :P