Do Not Sell My Personal Information

• Join Toyota Owners Club

Join Europe's Largest Toyota Community! It's FREE!

Next Gen Yaris/echo

gerard

hmmm i wouldnt bother, still a good engine but only bout 140bhp?? i think maybe a tad more?

the celica/corolla engine is your best bet

I did consider the Corolla TS, but envisaged that it would be quite a tight squeeze. Imagine the possibilities though B) :) :lol: :D :drool:

yup the mr-s used the 1zz-fe which was 140bhp....

but how did honda fit the K20A engine (the one used in CTR & ITR i think) into the Jazz's bay, if they can do, Toyota should fit the 2zz-ge into the Yaris!!! :angry: :P

Hey man .. i think the new Yaris looks good! Like a typical evolution of the existing Yaris.

Although i must agree .. Mr T needs to stick a 1.8l and a 6 speed gear box in for the new TS! Just imagine that! :lol:

From that 'concept' you can safely say toyota is following in honda's footsteps... and I highly doubt the new yaris will look like that anyway

Moving on to more important things, Jaxx - put the 1.8 vvti-l 190 in the yaris - do it, I don't care how much it costs or how bad the insurance will be, DO IT!

in a car as light as the yaris that engine will go BANANAS when it hits 6200rpm!!!

it makes more sense than a turbo to me, because below 6200 you have the typical fuel consumption of a normal 1.8 engine...

and above 6200 up to 8200 you have the power you want/need.... with the right gearing ratio's you might even be able to stay in 'LIFT' through every gear.... hmmmmm :D

you might require an LSD however, and certainly bigger brakes!

DO IT :D :D :D

lol ... Yeah Just DO IT Jaxx!! :lol::lol::lol:

:lol: Nothing like a bit of peer pressure!

Only problem with that engine in the Yaris would mean the majority of the weight would be at front and therefore probably c :censor: y handling! Turbo added to the TS 1.5 would be more fun imo...

stop it stop it stop it! :ffs:

ive realised i have the necessary funds to do it! and its got me gripped :wacko:

and you lot aint helping :D

oh i had a look in the autoexpress when they mention the new 2005 yaris the pic tures look more like the new advenis front end..

the link actually says that the front is more or less based on the avensis, and the whole car is based on european design.... :unsure:

and maybe a cvt for the 1.5....... :ph34r:

Latest Deals

Toyota Official Store for genuine Toyota parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links