Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Cd Player + Tape Deck At The Same Time?

fazzy

take it to your nearest toyota garage, they isntalled a 6 disk changer in mine, and both that and the tape deck work :-)

they threwe it in the deal when i was buying the car

Hi dear,

I wonder if I will be of some help but I have my yaris with the original CD , tape and radio (AM/FM) from Toyota. The electronics are from pioneer although it's from toyota! If you can grab such a pack from a toyota shop ??!!

you can see the player at :

http://www.geocities.com/excite_vitz/audio.jpg

and try my website :

http://www.geocities.com/excite_vitz/

Hope I have been of help

n good luck in your quest

Ismael

WTF your car is different

Fazzy,

Cheers for contacting me on MSN earlier - I'm sorry I couldn't chat at the time, but it really has been a hectic day... :ffs:

I can't find a piccy of the single Toyota cd player in a dash (there's one in the New Yaris Accessories catalogue, but I seem to have binned mine...), but there's a piccy of what it looks like below...

cddeck_lg.jpg

I don't know how much it costs, but if you've already fitted an aftermarket unit than I guess it won't be that difficult and you can save on the fitting. As barryflood22 says, you can also get a 6 disc changer that fits in the same slot and looks pretty much the same.

Hope this helps.

Cheers,

Alan

Hi, cheers for the replies

This is a big surprise, i thought someone here would have known how to do it but heh thats life.

The 6 cd changer would have been the smart choice if i knew what i knew now though the yaris boot aint the biggest as we all know.

I guess i will have to take it to the toyota garage :( . I am a toyota man, just dont like there garage prices if you know what i mean.

A friend suggested sharing wires between the tape and cd player and said that there should be no way that the car should struggle; if it can manage 6x9's, amp and other goodies. Not sure thou,

Ismael: cheers for the website, your car interior looks well different , just got a load more buttons

alanbradley: thats cool, cheers for the pic

I'll let you know what the toyota boyz have to say about it?

Cheers :thumbsup:

whats so special about the toyota cd player?? is it the actual player or is it the wiring kit that comes with it that makes it work???

The 6 cd changer would have been the smart choice if i knew what i knew now though the yaris boot aint the biggest as we all know.

I guess i will have to take it to the toyota garage :( . I am a toyota man, just dont like there garage prices if you know what i mean.

A friend suggested sharing wires between the tape and cd player and said that there should be no way that the car should struggle; if it can manage 6x9's, amp and other goodies. Not sure thou,

Ismael: cheers for the website, your car interior looks well different , just got a load more buttons

alanbradley: thats cool, cheers for the pic

I'll let you know what the toyota boyz have to say about it?

Cheers :thumbsup:

Sorry, I've been away for a couple of days..

The 6-cd changer actually sits in the dash and not in the boot and I'm pretty sure it will just plug straight in. I have the mini-disc changer in mine and it lives under the driver's seat. I think thatthey realise the boot is small and the last thing you need is anything else cluttering it up.

It's up to you really - the CD player's not going to win any awards, but it just fits in and should certainly work. Get quotations from different dealers though as the labour rates and stuff really seem to vary between them.

Cheers,

Alan

• 2 weeks later...

Hi, guys, went to the toyota garage today to ask about getting the tape deck and aftermarket cd player working.

They said that it cant be done and try going to Halfords

went to Halfords and they said it cant be done cause you would need two power points, 8 Speakers etc

so the only way to do it is some kind of diy job or get a toyota cd player :( and get ripped off.

Anyway thought i just update yous,

i will attempt a diy job, not sure what the risks, anyone know

bye

it will sound funny, playing two tracks at the same time, without knowing the circuit layout of both headunit you could do some damage

your best option would be to get a CD Changer.... or one of those tape to CD adapter(cheapest option Argus used to sell them)

there is a limit of how many devices you can share on 1 circuit, 2 headunits should be fine, i think thats how slave units works

k thanks, but i have a cd player and tape player now, so am gonna try and use them now,

what if i connect the cd player to the 4 speaker i already have and the tape to some addtional Speakers and shared the rest?

if done wrong what would happen and how much would it be to fix

thanks

if you connect the tape to 4 speaker

then cd player to another 4 speaker

that will be fine

if you switch both systems on, and then they cut out, that means the fuse fas gone, either the main one or the back of the headunit

start the engine first, it it sounds as if it going to stall then there is a short somewhere