Do Not Sell My Personal Information

• Join Toyota Owners Club

Join Europe's Largest Toyota Community! It's FREE!

Sattelite Nav In Yaris

mrrandom

aftermarket ones are better than the standard yaris one

My mate has got the touch screen pioneer one, its the dogs danglies!!!

Excellent piece of kit! I want...

im looking to sell mine soon. compaq ipaq 3600 with external Battery + 128meg compact flash card, hiacom gps reciever + copys of TOM TOM route planner, tomtom 2 and tomtom 3. yes copys of all the tomtom software. + ipaq charger + docking station + a copy of active sync. all for 225 pounds deliverd. i swear by the system its !Removed! great, reason for sale is im upgrading with a in-car PC system. mmmm touch screen! lol but yes the systems are great (especially TOMTOM navigator)

I use TomTom 3 on my Ipaq and it's class.

Why?????????????? £2.99 for a map.

We are only on a tiddly island.... not exactly easy to get lost.

Gimicky toy all the way.

Vipes

Why?????????????? £2.99 for a map.

We are only on a tiddly island.... not exactly easy to get lost.

Gimicky toy all the way.

Vipes

Yep - but it's COOL!!!

nah..think it would really ubik me off!

Like those old comps's that told you:

"Your door is ajar"

"your handbrake is on"

"please fasten your seat belt"

" you have forgotton to unfasten the dog from the rear bumper"

I belive most people rmeove the fuse after a day!

Sorry....but in my humble opinion..they are as much use as a chocolate fireguard...and also distract you from the road.

If your say a sales Rep...then...ok...your going to places daily where you've never been before...so they might be usefull...but for Joe public....who for 95% ( made up statisitc) drives up and down the samw roads day in and day out....why..........!.... but...yeah....I wouldn't say no :-)!! but I wouldn't go out my way to habe an aftermarket jobbie fitted.

Vipes

Yeh, I hardly use mine, but I use the pc for other stuff anyway, so it's not solely for GPS. It's handy for knowing where speed cameras are, or if there's road works and you need a new route.

I've just bought the France map too, cos I'm driving to Dordogne in a couple of weeks - hope it gets me there ok!

so tell me with the toyota one does it speak or even beep? or do you have to keep looking at the screen?

and does it use cds/dvds for updates or is un modifiable?

and installing it:is it just a block u insert in the back of the radio?

thx

It has a volume controlled voice which alters automatically according to your speed due to road noise!

Its DVD based and is upgradeable. I have just had the 2004/2005 disc which costs £224.00; it covers the UK and Europe

The unit is about the size of a Playstation One.

The Yaris comes with the wiring already in situ...

sat nav is quality.

im well impressed with the system in mine, nearly had the toyota one but was reluctant with the sceen you have to use (had a demo in the test car) although its not that bad at all.

the alpine system is alot more pricey but the accuracy, features and easy of use are all fantastic. plus it runs my ICE and plays DVDs :P

just type where you want to go and the lovely lady guides the way!

ill never own a car without it from now on

I was considering having it when I bought my T Sport but didnt think that it would be very good withthe little screen . Ok if you just want road names and general direction (eg turn left at lights , take roundabout , then next left etc ) but I like to look at the maps . Its just not big enough . I hope Toyota would consider changing it when they next change the Yaris range .

I would agree with others here , spend the extra money on getting a different one with a big screen . if you end up spending a bit more than the dealer ( dont know how much they charge for the unit and install ) then I think its worth it

£1350!!!!!

man that aint cheap!

wouldnt it be cheaper just to get a pocket pc with gps?

what a rip off!

The one in my dad's new BM was only a bit more than that...

the sat nav in the carolla is well better, and anyone seen the new ad?

Latest Deals

Toyota Official Store for genuine Toyota parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links