Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Iat Timing Sensor Modification

yeomanz7

Hi, :thumbsup:

recently I brought a peice of kit from a guy on eBay, this modification is supposed to increase BHP buy 20. This is an average estimate so might be less for the yaris. Anyway this mod is supposed to trick the Sensor into thinking its reciving cold air continusely, this some how increase fuel injection? Well I have no idea where the IAT Sensor is and if I do locate it is this a safe mod :help:

Plus I'm looking for a haynes type manual for the Yaris! Is there 1?

Hi,

recently

just click edit to change the post

o dear, i think you may have bought one of those devises which jams the auto choke open, waste of money reallly if thats what uve bought. do you have a link?

hi and welcome

the 'device' will as said jam the auto choke open by confusing the ECU into thinking its a cold day. Therefore this means the injection system will be addind that extra 'cold start' fuel. this means the car is then overfueling, this will cause a decrease in fuel economy and overfueling can propose you with problems in the future by bunging up the spark plugs and causing overheating on the valve seats. the engine management light may also come on as the ECU has false readings which may then 'mask' a more serious problem!

also regardless of how much you paid its a 2 pence 4.7k resistor from Maplins!

send it back, get a refund and call the bloke a gimp!

dont damage your engine with poxy useless gimmicks like this!

hi and welcome

the 'device' will as said jam the auto choke open by confusing the ECU into thinking its a cold day. Therefore this means the injection system will be addind that extra 'cold start' fuel. this means the car is then overfueling, this will cause a decrease in fuel economy and overfueling can propose you with problems in the future by bunging up the spark plugs and causing overheating on the valve seats. the engine management light may also come on as the ECU has false readings which may then 'mask' a more serious problem!

also regardless of how much you paid its a 2 pence 4.7k resistor from Maplins!

send it back, get a refund and call the bloke a gimp!

dont damage your engine with poxy useless gimmicks like this!

Well said Jaxx :thumbsup:

i nearly bought it myself one time, but asked the gud people here for there advise and they told me the same, if in doubt ask here before you buy anything, even tho it was cheap it'll save you the money and time in the end : )