Do Not Sell My Personal Information

• Join Toyota Owners Club

Join Europe's Largest Toyota Community! It's FREE!

Rader And Laser Detectors!

theWizard

Rader/laser detector, been caught or not?  

7 members have voted

1. 1. Rader/laser detector, been caught or not?

• Have u a rader detector thats warned u and prevented points?
    • Have u a laser detector thats warned u and prevented points?
    • Have u been caught speeding while using a rader detector?
    • Have u been caught speeding while using a laser detector?

I've always thought on getting a radar detector to help keep my points but there is also laser so i would also need a laser detector!

I read up on this on the net and they say once the detector buzzes, you've already been caught. So they say buy a gaget that detects and also has a jammer to stop signals or jam their gun while you slow down.

A rader/laser/detector/jammer! No thanks it will cost big bucks.

So, do you have a rader or laser detector and have you ever been caught speeding while using it?

mines Rader and laser built into one(5 in 1) I think, no points yet, only time that ive been stopped was when I was checking my 0-60 speed

I told the 5-0 that I was doing 45

and they thought the speed limit on that road was 30 but it was 40

dont get a jammer, they are illegal, the camera are there for a reason, if you want to trick the camera then just drive 155MPH+

Poll Choices

Please put one answer per line.

Maximum 10 answers.

Thats what me did. Where did i go wrong?

On Topgear i think, they tested the cameras and you'ed need to be doing 180+ to trick'em!

did you put each choice on a separte line?

dont worry one of the mods will fix it for you

when did they change it to 180MPH?

the GPS versions such as road angel are better

Forgot to add...

I have a Snooper SD715i lazer/radar detector. It detects anything that emits signals via sound/light source (lazar, radar etc). It detects items that emit certain frequencies, cameras, remotes, motion sensors...

In the pat mine has:

Detected normal cameras (Gatsos) fine - not that you need it for that coz you can see them from miles most of the time...

It does not detect Truvelo - but that's OK coz you can see them from miles even clearer than gatsos.

It detects the little cameras on top of traffic lights - so it's turned off in Towns - not speeding anyway...

It has picked up radar once that I know of, but can be confusing as warning tones are the same as they are for TV, garage door remotes.

It has warned me of lazer once - but I was going under the speed limit at the time...

TBH it's warned me three or four times when I have needed it to (lack of attention more than anything) and therefore has saved my license - so a good purchase :thumbsup:

You get GPS detectors too, but they need frequent downloading and cost annual subscription too.

No detector is giving you the right to speed. If you get done speeding it's your fault and stupidity regardless.

got the mk1 roadangel in mine. detected the copper on top of the bridge on the way home on the M1 from the mini meet.

lovely :P

Laser detectors: rarely work in any circumstances unless you're targeted directly. By which point it's too late. You're nicked.

Radar detectors: only really old fixed position gatsos use radar now. and the annoying false alerts mean your better off with a GPS-based system. Traffic cops carry handheld LADAR laser jobbies now. Radar is dead.

The best system is a GPS system for fixed sites, and a laser jammer for the occasional 'safety' van. But the jammers are highly illegal.

my 2p ;

probably going to get one of the GPS based ones.

ive got a Snooper but its a fairly old one. ive been pulled over using it in the Cynos but the coppers dont usually say a word.

i remember topgear doing a test in a TVR & it took 2 miles of runway & 177+mph to beat the camera :eek:

J

Well, funnily enough, Monitron were demo'ing their new cameras at Bruntingthorpe the other week, and they were well annoyed to find out that our bikes were undetectable above 125mph... their cameras use 4 piezo-electric strips under the tarmac

Latest Deals

Toyota Official Store for genuine Toyota parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links