Do Not Sell My Personal Information

• Join Toyota Owners Club

Join Europe's Largest Toyota Community! It's FREE!

Hmmmm!

breezer

Im god damn sick of parents.

Who still lives at home and is 18+ do you still get crap and do they treat u like a child?

coz i do!!! and its annoying! im god damn sick!

im %$(in 18 :censor: why do i havta tell em where i go, everytime.

If i go out at night, why do they expect me in for a certain time when they know i stop out late.

y do they think that everything you say is lies!

AHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHRRRRRRRGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH :(

when you are at their house, you live by their rules, im 23 still as student, might do a 2nd masters, when I do go home, its usually 5-7am

when I get a proper job, then I'll get my own place

:ffs: my mam doesnt care though!

its just my dad. for example he knows where i am on fridays or saturdays, yet he rings all my otha mates first b4 he rings the place where i am! and its sodden annoying coz then all me mates tell me and start askin questions and stuff.

then if he cant get in touch with me, he gos out looking for me, its pointless! for stupid reasons such as, "wanted to kno where u r" and "wanted to make sure u hav ur key"

wat a stupid xcuse, obviously i hav my key if i hav the car. uz may think this is silly, but its coz of otha things otha than that! jus treat me like a kid.

sick of it

sorry, just angry and depressed and not in a good mood! had a barny wit me dad bout half an hr ago! its annoyin wen u tell em everything then says its all lies, or theres something not right :censor: :ffs:

SORRY FOR MOANIN

I'm 17 but don't get that at all.

my parents just call my mobile if they're wondering if i've got keys or to ask when i'll be home.

there just ya folks mate!

perhaps they care about you and are concerned being as your their flesh and blood!

my mother was constantly the same with me when i first started driving, always asking where i was going, wanted to know when i was getting back etc etc...

all you have to do is give them time. perhaps have a chat with them and assure them your now more independant and freedom exists in large quantitys with the onwership of a driving lisence.

parents always find it hard to let go believe it or not! as they have raised you to be who you are over the last 18 years! just be grateful that you have parents like you do as a lot of kids dont these days!

TOCs agony aunt at your service............boogle boogle bumble squat kiss ma teef

Reminds me of the relationship with my dad up until me moving out. I was 26 and he used to always annoy me with all his questions.

After I moved out things improved and I started to get on with my dad. A few weeks ago he had a massive stroke and is now in hospital unable to move or talk. I'm just glad we had a few years of getting on rather than fighting.

There was a similar thread a while ago and I think the same things were said. Parents are annoying at the best of times, but just make sure you don't do or say anything that you're going to regret because one they're not always guaranteed to be around and then it's going to be too late to say sorry or make up for all the time you spent arguing.

Being a relatively new parent myself I can sort of understand how your parents are most likely just really worried about you. I think the best thing you could do is get a mobile and tell your parents to call you on that if they want to know where you are.

its alla part of growning up people!

im 32, everytime i go to the olds, i get the same :censor:

am i eating well etc etc etc.

does anyone else get this?

:arrgg-matey:

I'm 33 and my parents are always checking on me and they live 2000miles away. I can totally understand though as I have 3 children, twin 5 year old girls and 13 year old boy.

I worry all the time about my son when he is out with people getting stabbed for mobile phones and all the other wierdo's there are out there, but you have to have your freedom.

It's a difficult balance as to how far you let your children out of your reach and I dread the day my girls grow up and I have to let them go.

I know you are 18 Breezer but your father still worries. :thumbsup:

Deffinately. :D

I moved out 7 years ago, and still get it :P

That is what parents are for, Mums are made to worry and dads are made to have "chats" about money etc!!!!!

You have to get used it mate. Its just the way it is. ;)

While you live there you will just have to put up with it, it is there house after all!!!

BUt, our parents are always there for us when e need them, so the nagging is how we pay for it!!!

Yeah, it can get annoying but they are your parents and it's their job! My parents still bother if they haven't heard from me for a while and I'm 50 later this year and left home when I was 18!

Sometimes caring can seem like interfering. As a teacher I know many kids whose parents don't care where they are. The majority still do though thankfully.

Years from now you'll look back and be glad they were bothered, trust me.

Al (agony uncle!)

When I came back from Uni I lived with my parents for 6 months... ARGH !!

Never again....lol. They seriously drove me around the bend !

Well the simple solution is don't live at home ..

I moved out when I went to uni and I was back for a month after, been out on my own for the last 5 years.

Also the fact that ALL my family is in Australia kinda makes it hard for them to know what I'm up too :)

Same for everyone with 'decent' families mate :thumbsup:

I left home at eighteen to work in London, came home 4 months later and got my own flat, now I'm 38 years old and my mother still sends a text message every morning asking how me and the family are, then rings on a night. And my parents live half a mile away ;)

Thing is I can see where they're coming from now as my son is just turned nine and I constantly worry where he is, and he's only allowed into the next cul-de-sac :lol:

didnt have time to read the whole thread but ive been there done that mate. Im 21, lived in a flat for my second year at uni in south london and now im back at home. My advice to you is to stay at home for as long as possible! Live off their food and enjoy no rent for as long as you can!! Yeah they can be !Removed! annying and in a way you pay for everything with a lack of privacy but thats far better than possibly ending up in debt...

so im not he only one? i get on with my parents really wel now my sisters moved out there so layed bak now cuz they can trust me, the only prob is i get on so wel with them im always having to do favours for em, but nonetheless i love em to bits!

Latest Deals

Toyota Official Store for genuine Toyota parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links