Do Not Sell My Personal Information

• Join Toyota Owners Club

Join Europe's Largest Toyota Community! It's FREE!

My Sister Was In A Car Crash Yesterday..

JappyBeast

My sister Fiona was in a side on car crash yesterday.

She was in Manchester at a gig her boyfriend was playing, 5 mins after setting off back to Scotland they came to traffic lights on green and as they entered the junction a car from the right went thru red and wrote the car off injuring my sister and the other 3 passengers. The guy in the other car jumped out, ran away and left my sister, her b/f and friends injured.

They all went to hospital and were released with minor injuries, my sister is now off work with whiplash. The police said that if it was a fraction of a second later the car would have gone into the door and it would have been worse.

The other driver eventually turned himself in and was a foriegn student and had no insurance or driving licence.

Phone calls from you family like that dont help!

Told my sis to make a claim.

Now, me, my brother and now Fiona have all been in serious car crashes.

As my dad often says... cars are just metal.. life is priceless.

and I thought I was having a bad day........

Thoughts to them all mate........... :thumbsup: Hope they 100% well soon.

Absolutely! It's easier to fix cars than people and we all know which is the most important.

Sorry to hear of your sister's bad luck but then she and the others were lucky that they didn't come off worse from the sound of it.

I hope that they're all on the mend soon.

Thanks chaps.. it kinda puts everything into perspective when you are pee'd off about little things in life, car problems etc...

My baby sisters life cant be replaced like a car part!

That's the point isn't it? Awful situation but you've still got a lot to be thankful for.

Put's things into perspective very quickly.

Sorry to hear about this Jappy... :(

Good to hear that they came out of it with minor injuries and i hope they'll get well soon :thumbsup:

Glad that person actually turned himself in for running away after the scene :censor: :ffs:

:yes::yes::yes:

glad shes ok mate

like you say it could have been at lot worse

all the best to the injured :thumbsup:

jappy, glad to hear little sis is ok and its nothng more serious thn whiplash, although no injuries are nice....

hope she gets better soon....

jimlad, glad to hear little sis is ok and its nothng more serious thn whiplash, although no injuries are nice....

hope she gets better soon....

jappy...................

:P :lol:

a foriegn student and had no insurance or driving licence.

Enough said :ffs:

I know what that like mate .. having been in a prang on Monday ..

At least my guy stopped and swapped details (hoping they are the correct details now).

Regards to you sis mate .. hope she's recovering well.

owch! alot of accidents these days!! hope shes ok! yeh cars are just metal! right my question is, if a yaris dints extremely easily, imagine what its like in a crash :unsure:

that would top my week off that, an accident in a car :ph34r:

My sister Fiona was in a side on car crash yesterday.

She was in Manchester at a gig her boyfriend was playing, 5 mins after setting off back to Scotland they came to traffic lights on green and as they entered the junction a car from the right went thru red and wrote the car off injuring my sister and the other 3 passengers. The guy in the other car jumped out, ran away and left my sister, her b/f and friends injured.

They all went to hospital and were released with minor injuries, my sister is now off work with whiplash. The police said that if it was a fraction of a second later the car would have gone into the door and it would have been worse.

The other driver eventually turned himself in and was a foriegn student and had no insurance or driving licence.

Phone calls from you family like that dont help!

Told my sis to make a claim.

Now, me, my brother and now Fiona have all been in serious car crashes.

Sorry to hear of this bud.

1 in 7 cars on the road are Uninsured :ffs:

If your sister has Legal cover on her policy they will make a claim to where I work for compensation.

If she doesnt have legal cover. Go to www.mib.org.uk download a claim form for the Uninsured Drivers Agreement. Then send it in :thumbsup:

If you need any advise call 01908 830001 and we can talk you though it etc.

Sorry to hear mate, but at least it's not worse ;) Hope they all recover soon. Tell you what, instead of him getting 'sent down', send him down to JAE and we'll teach him the finer priciples of the British judicial system :D

Sorry to hear mate, but at least it's not worse ;) Hope they all recover soon. Tell you what, instead of him getting 'sent down', send him down to JAE and we'll teach him the finer priciples of the British judicial system :D

If you make a claim to us at the MIB he wont get away from it.

He will end up with the dept of what ever compo we pay and he cant pay it.....well couple of options, including prison :thumbsup:

We had a 15 yr old joy rider get away with a slap on the wrist from the law coz of his age. But when we paid out he now has a debt to us of almost 45k Tht will cause roblems with his credit rating for the rest of his life :thumbsup:

MIB ??

Men In Black ? Thought you guys fought aliens .. not twockers ..

Not a good time to be on the road at the moment, seems accidents are happening left right and centre.

Hope your sis is better soon jappy! :thumbsup:

MIB ??

Men In Black ? Thought you guys fought aliens .. not twockers ..

Motor Insurer's Bureau :lol:

Though we get jokers calling up to ask for Will all the time.

Ha I laugh ever time :yes:

If she doesnt have legal cover. Go to www.mib.org.uk download a claim form for the Uninsured Drivers Agreement. Then send it in :thumbsup:

If you need any advise call 01908 830001 and we can talk you though it etc.

I thought that the MIB only do claims where the person involved doesnt have comprehensive insurance? Or with comp cover do you claim for everything else but not vehicle repair costs as that is what comp cover includes?

at least she's ok mate !!

Think I actually saw her today with your mum about town.

Tell them what car I have, so next time I pass they wave !!!... lol.

glad they're not hurt andy, i know how scary it can be when u get a fone call saying some1 you know has been in an accident, even worse when its family!

even tho the guy did crash i'm glad he still turned himself in. At least there are still :censors: with half a heart nowadays...

-Z

The weekend I first met Louise I was on the way home and got a call from my olds in Australia saying my Aunt was in the pub involved in the Bali bombing ..

That was just weird ..

Latest Deals

Toyota Official Store for genuine Toyota parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links