Do Not Sell My Personal Information

New Camera

vmail

Im after a new camera, my old camera is 1.3M 2x Digital zoom, with MMC storage, its slow to start up, and saving images is very slow, I dont mind waiting for the flash to charge, the cam cost me 100quid

I have seen another digi cam, its 5.25M 3XOptical zoom SD Storage,dont know about its speed yet, and thats about 180quid, is it worth it? am I paying too much?

Sounds reasonable but it would depend on the make, surely? It won't matter how fast it is processing the image if the lens isn't much cop.

Jessop are doing 3.2M 3X Op zoom for 178quid

its an Aldi Make

not really, the best they can do at that price is 4M with approx 16MB storage

just got the cam, its has 128MB storage, its faster than my old one, it has two pre charged batteries

why does the flash flash 3 times?

Post a pic of the new camera vmail........

It doesn't matter what mega pixel the camera has. What makes the quality of the pictures is the lens so:

Big mega pixel + Great lens = Great pictures (example - my Canon G5)

Big mega pixel + cheap lens = Not sharp pics

So beware if your pics aint sharp it may be the lens..........

It doesn't matter what mega pixel the camera has. What makes the quality of the pictures is the lens so:

Too true.

When I got mine I was advised to buy one made by a known brand in the camera world (Fuji, Canon, Olympus etc.). That way you got the quality lens that the unknown ones may not have.

Rich

mine 6.2 MP SLR canon D300 and is blimmin amazing!

Post a pic of the new camera vmail........

Sorry to intrude on your post vmail.

I've got a Sony 5.0 mega pixel cyber-shot gordy.

I know It's supposed to be reasonable, but why is it when I post pic's there are stripey parts where some of the seams are.

Is this the camera, or me setting the pic details on the download?

Cheers :thumbsup:

I have the same problem

I was thinking of the Olympus C60, Canon (very small can't remember the model) or a Kodak one with printer included in the pack

I am gonna stay with the well known camera brands as they will be the best for lenses

Later

why does the flash flash 3 times?

It does multiple flashes to reduce the 'red-eye' effect. Basically the first flashes make ppl's pupils contract so when the photo is taken the reflection of the flash in their retina's is reduced. You can switch it off in most cameras.

I bought a Canon Powershot A70 3 megapixel camera last year and it's great although it is sensitive to shaky hand, blurred pics nonsense sometimes unless you have it on fast shutter mode. Cost about £250 with 64mb mem card but I'm sure it probably cheaper now.

ho do I know whar quality the lens is?

it got too many settings contast, sharpness, focus on the veiw finder, laser targerting (well it s an LED), shutter speed, TV capture mode, auto focus, auto zoom, auto light, cont. shots, multi shots, sports veiw, night mode, and usual camera stuff, an d Ime not got the book out yet

there is one thing that I hate the trigger button has 2 positions

so its 3X optical and 4x digital does that mean its 7X in total?

so its 3X optical and 4x digital does that mean its 7X in total?

Not quite.

3x optical zoom is a 3x zoom lens.

4x digital zoom just crops the edges of the frame and resizes the image to simulate a zoom function.

Effectively you have 12x zoom. For maximum quality though you should use the optical zoom rather than the digital.

Rich

chhers, will use the optical zoom, but if I need to spy on some one then i'll use both, lol I can even record voice memos for the pics