Do Not Sell My Personal Information

• Join Toyota Owners Club

Join Europe's Largest Toyota Community! It's FREE!

Carina E Gti - Bhp Question

boras

Hi

I'm a new one in here, I from Poland and I'm planning to buy 1993 or 1994 Carina E Gti, but as I see there are two difrent BHP figures 175 and 156. My question is why there are two engines? What kind of performance I should expect from both of them?

U probably wonder why do I ask in here? Answer is that in Poland there is not much of those cars on the streets

Ive never heard of the Carina GTI putting out 175bhp! Only 156bhp!

There is only one engine fitted in the GTI and that is the 3S-GE same as the similar aged Celica!

But the only time that engine produces 177bhp is in the SW20 MR2's and the last of the Celica GT's!

As for performance they go well considering they are quite a big car!

The only thing to look out for is the super strut front suspension set up! Due to they have alot of ball joints which wear and then fail the MOT due to excessive play! And new parts arnt cheap for that suspension!

Hope this small amout of info helps!

Well, it helps a lot but the 175BHP realy egsists... I have seen a lot of them but all were 1993 models, maybe in 93 GTI got other engines... or maybe You havnt heard about it cause its an European version.

Any way thanks for your info :)

Pre 94 GTIs 155 bhp

Post 94 GTIs 173 bhp

Sorted :thumbsup:

I was gonna suggest asking you rach!! As i c you are in the Carina O/C! In Bristol aswell i c! Im only down the road in Gloucester!

I work for Toyota but as i have only seen about 2 the whole time i have been there (5 Years!) i dont get many variations!

Nice one!!!

Not just in the o/c, I run the o/c :lol:

Theres not much me or the guys on there dont know about carinas/coronas/caldinas, tis sad really..... lol

Nah love the cars really :D

Where in Glos are you btw?

Well fairplay they are good cars! Your v.young to be running the O.C! How did you decide you wanted to do that!? Most women your age arnt intrested in anything like that! Maximum respect!

Well i dont know what 'btw' is short for but iam guessing your askin exactly where in glos im from! Well i dont actually live in glos, i work there, but i live in Dursley!

Where abouts are you based in Bristol!?

Ahhhhhhhhhh I started the OC at xmas for a unique present for the other half! He hardly goes on it anymore tho, so Im left running the show :lol:

Luckily tho, hes made me car mad, and the guys have taught me pretty much all you'd ever need to know about carinas! Kinda shocks alot of ppl when the realise a girl runs the site, its a good giggle tho.

BTW = by the way ;)

I live Longwell Green at the mo, but Im mostly found in Bath :D

Latest Deals

Toyota Official Store for genuine Toyota parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links