Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Carina E

ejs

:help: i changed the Battery in the remote alarm fob for my '97 carina e.but now it dont work.anyone know how to programme it,i tried pushing both buttons together but that didn't work.

dealers do it for you as far as i know.

• 4 weeks later...

YES i do!!!

stand in front of yo mota and start hitting the buttons one after eachother quickly, do this until she flashes at u B)

How much do dealers charge for this sort of thing? I've got exactly the same problem. There is an independent guy who does this sort of thing but I don't know his prices either - can anyone give a ballpark figure so I know if they're taking the ubik?

YES i do!!!

stand in front of yo mota and start hitting the buttons one after eachother quickly, do this until she flashes at u B)

think toyota charge £40

I asked at my local dealer and they said £25, so I'll get them to do it. Really annoying as I could have avoided it if I'd just taken the fob to them and asked them to replace the Battery (would have cost peanuts - they did one last year as part of the service and charged me £1.50)

Plus I don't know what went wrong. I took about 30 seconds to open the fob, change the Battery and then screw it back together. Damn thing!

• 3 weeks later...

Got it done yesterday, £13.50 + VAT and they did it while I waited, although I had to phone in advance and let them know when I was going to be in (probably so they could read the manual beforehand)