Do Not Sell My Personal Information

• Join Toyota Owners Club

Join Europe's Largest Toyota Community! It's FREE!

Rav4 Chilli Hood Ram Air Intake

Acadien

I've just bought myself a new chilli type rav4 and started modifying it.

I am trying to get the ram air duct to work with my KN filter...

I have been told by a local tunning shop that there might be a toyota air box adapter that would connect directly to the ram air scoop.

Have anybody else out there done this modification already and if so did you use a toyota supplied airbox or did you modify your own. :help:

thanks acadien

• 3 weeks later...

:ph34r: I went to the local tuning shop and had them open up the ram air intake by following the 5 drill indentations in the intake. Also the hood insulation could easily be cut away following the cutouts imprints.

The shop also blocked the existing air intake and made another one directly on the top of the existing air box. When the hood closes the air box opening is almost completely sealed against the ram air intake (only the back is still opened).

During our long and extremely cold canadien winters the five ½ inch diameter openings are plugged up thus using the back engine air.

I've found quite a good increase in throttle response but unfortunaly I can't confirm this on a dyno..

acadien :group-cuddles:

Do you have an update on your air intake for the hood scoop?

I wish they made it functional for the chili edition. What year is yours?

:thumbsup: My model is a 2004 red pearl chilli edition with 245/65 wide michelin tires. the hood cutout was placed within the air scoup to reduce the engine noise and to direct the air flow thru the air intake on the top of the airbox.

I'll try to provide some pictures of the modification if I can find some time off from work

acadien :D

I'll try to provide some pictures of the modification if I can find some time off from work

acadien :D

On the site?

Or would you e- mail them please to me?

It's a petrol engine we're talking about?

Jacknet :D

• 2 weeks later...

Latest Deals

Toyota Official Store for genuine Toyota parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links