Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Liverpool, Good Or Bad

vmail

im in Toxteth in 2 week, does anyone know what the area is like, Ive been told that its like what Moss Side used to be

So whats Moss side like?

when i was there it was a bunch of immature kids acting like hard men but looking like pussies while trying....... :lol:

the old moss side was like a gangstar town, you would drive through day or night

bus drivers get paid 500 quid just to drive through

Pussies........Ive mixed with much worse than that lot dude

I lived in Harehills and had to walk thru Chapeltown every morning and evening

im in Toxteth in 2 week, does anyone know what the area is like, Ive been told that its like what Moss Side used to be

You'll love it there. One of the friendliest places I've been to.

Here is the Acorn profile for L8 postcode area:

Type 47: Low income families, terraced estates

(2.41% of the population live in this ACORN type)

Likely Characteristics

These types can be found throughout the country, including in Motherwell, Knowsley, Dagenham, Hartlepool and Sunderland.

Family Income : Low

Interest in current affairs : Very low

Housing - with Mortgage : Low

Educated - to degree :Very low

Couples with Children :Medium

Have Satelite TV : Medium

These are poor families in low-rise estates.

The estates are home to nearly as many single parents as traditional two parent families. There are many school age children and families are larger than average. There are also some couples whose children have left home. Housing is usually in the form of low-rise council terraces, perhaps with three bedrooms, but still crowded for the size of family.

To be earning anything approaching an average income is rare. Long-term unemployment is high, and employment is routine factory or manual work.

Travel is on foot or by public transport since few own a car.

With money tight, food shopping might be in Aldi or Kwik Save. Clothes might be bought at Asda, New Look or frequently from catalogues.

In common with other low income types, the pub, betting, football pools, lottery and bingo are common activities and entertainments. One luxury might be cable TV.

Toxteth O'Grady

producer of the worlds stickiest bogey, taken from my daily star book of facts :lol:

(you gotta be a young ones fan!)

Toxteth O'Grady

producer of the worlds stickiest bogey, taken from my daily star book of facts :lol:

(you gotta be a young ones fan!)

:thumbsup:

There's been a lot of development of the Toxteth area in recent years with higher income people also moving in. Anyway, it's a proud community with a lot of good things going for it.

Would be better to make up your mind when you get there, wouldn't it?

Treat as you find, I always say.

Hi All

I have lived in Toxteth all my life but now moved to Bolton to be with Girlfreind and better country roads, the only thing with Toxteth is that if you want trouble it will be there, but stay out of it and everyone is really nice, and the best sense of humour anywhere.

You will have a gret time, make sure you visit the Brewery Tap pub Joined onto Cains Brewery And tell them i recomended you there, you might even get a free pint.

I wont hear a bad word said about Liverpool...spent 3 damn good years up there..and would live up there tomorow given half a chance!!.....

oh and its a rathere good nght out as well :)

loads of nice girls there, but they all speak funny, sometimes it hard to understand them so I just say eys to what ever they ask

the area looks ruff, pubs and houses boarded up

Those areas are all over the UK, it will be rough and generally unpleasant.

Expect to find a good few scratches down the side of your car if you leave it anywhere other than a car park with security.

On a side note gordy, moss side used to be dreadful - really awful.