Do Not Sell My Personal Information

• Join Toyota Owners Club

Join Europe's Largest Toyota Community! It's FREE!

R.i.p.

gordypix

Two people that I have vaguely known over the years have been KILLED in the last 14 days in seperate road accidents near where I live. Both were young lads of 17 and 23 respectively. One was driving and the other a passenger in another incident. The first was hit side on by a lorry and died in a fireball. The other was a backseat passenger when the car aqua-planed in the rain on Monday. He was also killed instantly.

The point of this thread is to basically say:

Please be so careful when driving....................It ain't always gonna be your fault but keep eyes and ears open at all times and don't play the fool like so many on here are so ready to admit they do.

And be thankful for your health and life.

sorry to hear that gordy. just shows it ait always you that has to becareful now adays you have to watch out for the other t**ts

:(

Thanks for reminding us gordpix, i think everyone will be more careful on the roads after reading this, you never know what will happen as the days go by...

Some Reminders: (you may all ready know)

To obey the speed limit, Speed limits are designed to get you where you're going safely. And, remember, in bad weather and at night you may need to drive below the maximum speed limit.

Pay attention to the vehicles around you. Know where you are in relation to others, and look farther ahead than the vehicle directly in front of you.

Never assume other motorists see you. Just because another driver is coming toward you doesn't mean he or she is looking at you. He or she may be distracted by something inside or outside the car, or even by his/her own thoughts. Always look out for the other person.

Don't let a friend drive drunk. Even if it means they get mad at you, take the keys from a friend who is about to drive drunk. You can always make up tomorrow, as long as there is a tomorrow.

Be safe everyone!!! :unsure:

it's always tragical when someone you know dies.

I'm going through a hard time right now as a very close friend of mine is lying at the Hospital dying. His lungs are turning stiff so they cannot take up any oxygen and transport to the heart. He's only got a few more days to live. all this at Age 21.

I was at the hospital yesterday, saying last goodbyes and talking old memories, was probably one of the hardest things i've done in my life, saying goodbye to a good friend who is about to die :(

i really wish he wasn't sedated when i was there so he could of spoke back, but at least i got to tell him what i wanted to tell him before it was too late.

the story about him is quite long, he has fought through so many diseases in his life and had both lungs transplanted at one time. everything was looking great until the beginning of June this year when he was admitted to the hospital after being healthy for 3 years. He got cancer when he was 6 years old and at 13 he was rid off it, but his lungs had taken a beating from all the medications and were turning stiff already then, at 17 he was on the edge of dying but got 2 new lungs in the last moment. it took 12 months for him to recover fully and he was feeling great until he got pneumonia fall 2003, the meds used caused his lungs to start stiffening again. he himself felt that something was wrong but doctors just waved it off thinking it was something mentally wrong. and now last friday we got the diagnosis that his lungs were on their way out. it came as a shock and i didn't want to believe it until i was at the hospital yesterday.

things like these really make you understand how lucky you are to be healthy.

sorry to hear it guys!

forutnately ive not been in such situation but reading that makes ya realise!

I've not really ever openly talked about it, some of you may know this some may not, but a very close friend of mine at work was killed in a car accident back at the end of may. It was a bright sunny day, and he was on his way to watch the football with his mates. He had a white Lotus Elan (his baby) which he loved dearly and was driving around warrington and out to knutsford. The car came off the road and smacked into a tree, he was found and taken to hospital where he later died of his injuries (chest and head)...

He wasnt speeding, he wasnt a stupid or silly driver, the police havent finished the inquest into his death, but they think something went wrong on the car.

He was 24 years old (would have been 25 on the 19th of July)

It goes to show that whatever you do to your cars people... please do it safely, I have come to know some of you as very good friends already.

I dont ever want to lose someone else like this.... it has affected me very deeply, I am only just beginning to recover.

I'm just going to my best mates funeral today. killed at work a couple of weeks ago. not looking forward to today. So be careful out there people - I'm in no rush to go to another one

Rich

Sorry to hear that Gordy...

I often drive fast but I never do so when I feel its innapropriatae or unsafe, I am a great fan of defensive driving, i.e. everyone on the road is an idiot and they are out to try and hit you, if they indicate left, assume they are going to go right, etc etc.

Just yesterday I had a go at my girlfreind for hooning it long a country lane at some spped in her rover 200 (I don't feel safe in that thing at the best of times, its a truely horrid horrid horrid car), Some people just don't seem all that aware of the factors, traffic and hazzards around them.

I'll admit at 17 I drove likea total idiot... luckily I snapped out of it before I killed myself, or anyone else!

Sorry to hear it gordy,

I know how the families are feeling as my young cousin (20)

was murdered and another stabbed on sat night in an incident they had nothing to with.

I was quite close to him and still cant believe he's dead.

R.I.P P.G.

Ouch that is horrible Gordypix :(

I work in Motor Insurance and often get serious accidents - it's definately made me a more aware driver (if thats the right word)..I'm only 19 and been driving a year!!

The death of family or friends is always sad, the younger they are the more tragic it can be.

My philosophy has always been , not to mourn their death, but to celebrate their life.

So when I remember loved ones or friends, I usually have a smile on my face, thinking about the good times we had.

Les

I worked in a hospital for eight and a half years which i think made me value life very much.

I appreciate every second, and every second I share with my girlfriend, daughter, and family are special and irreplacable.

The roads are crazy out there, got to look after yourself.

damn....

so much going on ...

My thoughts go out to all those familes and friends of those who have passed on...

R.I.P... :(

It all comes down hard on ya.. as i know from my own experiances...

Makes you realise what is important in life and whats trivial...

Appreciate what you have and dont be complacant in life....

I was stupid enough to get in a golf gti with my m8 who couldnt drive... 110mph the speedo read when we went on the roof.. it rolled 6 times and i was pronounced dead on the scene...the medics revided me and I luckily survived even tho my heart stopped twice on the way to the hospital. It made me realise how stupid it is to drive like a muppet. If anybody wants pics i will send them of me lying on a spinal board with my mum and dad crying next to me then i will glady send them....it still haunts me...so ppl driving fast is fun but it aint clever.

3 years on i still have nightmares about it.....Gordy sorry about youre friends my heart goes out to those ppl who died in that crash.

i am sorry for your losses all, nothing like this has happened to me so i can no where nearly understand how much these losses must hurt you all, there are a lot of idiots out on the road true...

I always think peeps are gonna pull out on me at junctions or overtake towards me in traffic.

When you have never had a crash you dont realise how dangerous the roads are.. anyone see the 5th gear 60mph head on test? So scary.

Its tragic, yes.

But cars are hazardous machinery, in fact, riding motorbikes too, i can tell you, a car is a very safe place to be on the road.

as a cyclist, pedestrian, m/cyclist, you are FAR more at risk from serious injury and incident.

The problem is, that most drivers think they are at control, and have no respect for the laws of physics, that determine tyre grip, and all the other important handling issues.

they simply drive at speed regardless, in the dry or wet, no different, on muddy corners no different

now, a motorcyclist WILL HAVE TO obey these laws, as they know a muddy corner means a serious or lethal accident if abused.

with no airbags, no seatbelts and no metal cage, you HAVE to be carefull.

this makes the car driver our worst enemy, he has no respect for anyone else, as he thinks he is 100% safe in his metal box.

because of this attitude, accidents happen, and a lot of m/cyclists get killed.

its never gonna change, until they ban cars completely.

most people are as stupid as the day is long, some can hardly read, so expecting intelligent driving from them all is nigh on impossible.

regards to the victims, as always.

Buggs

i did have an accident when i owned a yaris, however it was nothing too serious, some geeza ploughed into the side of me near the right wheel arch and took off the whole cars front end, i was fine and unhurt as were the other people, but it just goes to show how careless some people can be on the roads, so look out

Sorry to hear that buddy, puts into perspective, anything can happen at anytime, and so young :(

Latest Deals

Toyota Official Store for genuine Toyota parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links