Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Yet Again My Car Hit By Hit And Run Driver

kaz

Yet again I have had my car hit by a driver who then just drove off.

I was on the round about over the M25 Dartford tunnel. I was in the correct lane for M25 exit (watford) on my inside was a green rover who decided he wanted the A13 exit Barking he was in the completly wrong lane and just swerved accross hitting the back of my car. My lovely YTS bounced and was knocked sideways. He stopped for a minute and I knew he was going to drive off (he looked Romainian) so even though I was so shocked and in pain as I wrenched my shoulder I thought bugger this get his plate number which I did he wheel spun away.

I phoned the police and gave them his number and the direction he was going but they didn't want to know - so he can commit a crime and get away with it

They just said go to your local police station and report it - and I had to produce MY driving licence and insurance !!! like I was the criminal.

To top it off a man stopped - I thought to help me but he just moaned about where I'd stopped !! (I had moved the car to the side of the road !)

I was so shocked I could hardly drive I was on my own and the police didn't want to know and I still had to drive home to Enfield.

I was lucky I wasn't hurt more and I was VERY suprised by the damage to my car it wasn't as bad as it sounded just back rear nearside wing is damaged but the worse thing is he damaged my new alloys !!

I'm so fed up this is the thrd time this type of thing has happened to me. He was obviously uninsured and the car probably isn't registered to him. The woman in the police station said she gets this all the time especially with Eastern europeans not being insured or even having driving licences. This is more and more of a common thing ! So yet again I suffer.

I'm still upset over this.

kaz

sorry to hear it Kaz!

theres some scum on the roads these days that just need shooting!!

remember to give certain peeps on here a shout if your stuck with anything or need to source new bits and pieces!

:thumbsup:

Its a !Removed! DISGRACE the state of the Police and people in general in England these days.

Its ALWAYS the same , the criminal gets away with it, as the Police just arent bothered unless hes theres waiting to be arrested.

The police then hassle the victim, usually even accusing them of being at fault, whilst ignoring the fact the criminal is the villan.

Ive been through similar incidents with the Police and criminals before, and Ive always come off the worst.

Well, most people in the UK think the police are fair, decent and err, all the rest, because theyve never had any dealings with them.

People i know that have dealt with the police, have always hated them the next minute after.

I know a guy who was attacked and had his car keys stolen from him, and the Police hassles him for hours, instead of trying to find the criminals who drove off with his car.

it makes NO sense.

hope u recover from it, and take it as a little compensation (?) but this happens to a LOT of people in UK.

Buggs

:ffs: people dont give a flying ****** any more do they and all police should be made redundant since they only protect the criminal nowadays

:ffs: people dont give a flying ****** any more do they and all police should be made redundant since they only protect the criminal nowadays

Haha, that's the stupidist thign I've ever read on here. Idiot.

Haha, that's the stupidist thign I've ever read on here. Idiot.

Escuse me?....... why call me an idiot?

Is there something wrong with being one of many that have been poorly supported by the police in these sort of situations? Usually they cant do anything, and thats understood, never feels good does it. But for you to come up with 'idiot' you are WELL out of order

If you think thats the stupidest thing youve read, you should try reading some of the Police reports Ive read !!!!!!

Whilst making all the Police redundant is clearly going to make it an open day for all the criminals, the statement is not a million miles away from what is already the truth today,

there are VERY very few Police in the UK, where I live we are lucky to see 1 police car per week driving past the high road, and we see NO officers on the street.

When you have a police service, where all that they do is visit AFTER the crime has been committed. then clearly people are not being PROTECTED and SERVED.

What people need is LESS SPEED CAMERAS, and more Police patrol, a speed camera cant tell if youre drunk, holding a gun, or riding with no plates etc etc

its going to get worse and worse.

Buggs

If you think thats the stupidest thing youve read, you should try reading some of the Police reports Ive read !!!!!!

Whilst making all the Police redundant is clearly going to make it an open day for all the criminals, the statement is not a million miles away from what is already the truth today,

there are VERY very few Police in the UK, where I live we are lucky to see 1 police car per week driving past the high road, and we see NO officers on the street.

When you have a police service, where all that they do is visit AFTER the crime has been committed. then clearly people are not being PROTECTED and SERVED.

What people need is LESS SPEED CAMERAS, and more Police patrol, a speed camera cant tell if youre drunk, holding a gun, or riding with no plates etc etc

its going to get worse and worse.

Buggs

hear hear.

Thats it - plain and simply not enough of them. Also, very frustrating for them ... would you like it if there werent enough of you to support doing the job.

its not the police force thats in the wrong its the justice system itself

i know a few folks who are coppers and they are all a sound bunch, even they agree they dont have the opportunity anr resource to apprehend crimes!

our police should be carrying loaded firearms at all time as this holds a sense of protection within the law

also this whole business of if a theive breaks into your gaff can the do YOU for cutting him/herself on your window glass!!

like i say the justice system is totally backwards!!

If only you knew......

knew what? lol

Dont you agree with the first and foremost part of what I said that 'people dont give a flying fffff anymore'

Frustrating when you meet em isnt it..... like people with ignoramous comments like ' If only you knew......' :P

I'm not going to get into a silly little argument on here about this, I'll just have my say.

they only protect the criminal nowadays

That's pretty ridiculous, no police officer wants to protect criminals, the problem is the amount of red tape involved and the number of officers who are on the streets. I don't think you can blame the police service for either of those.

People i know that have dealt with the police, have always hated them the next minute after

I personally think that is part of the problem. The police used to be respected and were only hated by the criminals. Now it seems that eveyrone is turning against the police and this isn't helping at all.

I know a guy who was attacked and had his car keys stolen from him, and the Police hassles him for hours, instead of trying to find the criminals who drove off with his car.

I can assure you that if it was reported as being a crime in progress, i.e. happening at the time there will have been more than the police 'hassling him' going on. The whole idea behind the 'hassling him' is to get information so that they can find the offenders and hopefully the stolen car. They can't just turn up and immediatly find the car and solve everything.

I don't think that nothing would have happened for a robbery. A lot of work will have gone into that.

Its a !Removed! DISGRACE the state of the Police and people in general in England these days.

I think you hit the nail on the head there, not the part about the police, the part about people in general, the police are used too much for petty squables instead of being allowed to do their job. If there were more officers ont he streets then Policing would become more preventative rather than reactive. It's not the police's fault. They need more money form the home Office for recruitment.

That's a fair point, one that I agree on.

Escuse me?....... why call me an idiot?

I think I have every right to call you an idiot when you've just said that I should be made redundant form a job which I am very proud of.

hey sexycarolla !

Dont take anything personally on these forums !

I read your comment, and understood it was an off the wall remark, I didnt actually think for a second you wanted to get rid of the Police entirely !!!!!

its not the police force thats in the wrong its the justice system itself

i know a few folks who are coppers and they are all a sound bunch, even they agree they dont have the opportunity anr resource to apprehend crimes!

our police should be carrying loaded firearms at all time as this holds a sense of protection within the law

also this whole business of if a theive breaks into your gaff can the do YOU for cutting him/herself on your window glass!!

like i say the justice system is totally backwards!!

That's true, maybe officers do need firearms in cities, but not everywhere.

Because the police are too busy dealing with 'crap' jobs, they often don't get the chance to deal with proper jobs and crimes committed against good, honest people.

Peace alright!

You still dont have the right to go round calling idiot!

Everyone has the right to be frustrated. If your under the illusion that I dont like the police, dont co-operate with them then your very wrong sir.

Just, half the time when criminals get caught, you do all the leg work, then some prat barrister gets them out of it do to the rubbish judicial system. When I see ONE policeman expected to look after 3 rough estates on his own I have to envy the guts and cry for the frustration. When all the money thats needed elsewhere going into putting speed cams and 30mph speed limits on an unpopulated wide clear road it makes me really angry. Believe me, we are with you on it.

Moderator hat on now ..

Chill out or I'll delete the post ..

(Sorry to hear of your accident Kaz - glad you are not hurt though)

hey sexycarolla !

Dont take anything personally on these forums !

I read your comment, and understood it was an off the wall remark, I didnt actually think for a second you wanted to get rid of the Police entirely !!!!!

carolla???! :lol:

I know, just forget that some people dont comprehend 'off the wall' comments, I would if it hit a nerve as obviously did here :thumbsup:

This is why it spiralled into more explanation on both sides... best way to an understanding I think.

That's what happened to my bro, that guy just drove off and my brother was stupid enough not to remember to take down the reg of the car ........ boys are so silly :P

But sorry to hear that has happened to ya.

hey

no one said you do an easy job !

hope u catch some joyriders, drunk drivers, and burglars

and when u catch them, why not kick them in the f****in boll**ks !!!!!!

i would if i was an officer!!!!

good luck

Just to go back on topic..

Sorry about the accident Kaz. I know where it happened. Maybe the guy was on his way to the old A13 near fords to dump the car.

I am glad you are ok. Will you be able to pay for the repairs yourself?