Do Not Sell My Personal Information

• Join Toyota Owners Club

Join Europe's Largest Toyota Community! It's FREE!

Yet Again My Car Hit By Hit And Run Driver

kaz

Believe me, that's the best part and what most people join for.

(not the kicking part, the catching part... well........ :P )

its nice to know we are in safe hands with you on the job :angry:

Moderator hat on again ..

Guys .. take it off list .. it's getting too close to a slagging match ..

we're cool :group-cuddles:

hmmm, so let me add something here and try to stay on topic (trying not to let peoples simple comments about something they know NOTHING about get in the way too)...

YOU were involved in a Non injury Road traffic accident where you didnt get the following:-

a) the description of the vehicle

B) the registration plate of the vehicle

c) the drivers details

d) description of the driver

I presume that this was down to the situation and was impracticle to do most of this.

You are now obliged to report this to police within 24hrs, which you've done (the police being a civilian behind a desk or on the end of a phone as our glorious leader Blunkett likes to have)...

You were asked to produce your documents (like you should have done) and then you talk about being made to feel like a criminal (hmm, if only you knew - how can being told to produce these make you feel 'criminal' - anyway). Either way, its NO BIG DEAL!

Right, so you've done your bit - which your clearly not happy about:

OH YES - now you expect the police to find this car! - thats right, but they cant, because they are all dealing with drunks or nobs who think they're cool in front of their mates, or looking after mental health patients whilst social services do nothing to help them, or babysitting prisoners at hospital, or dealing with 35 other crimes on EACH AND EVERY OFFICERS own personal workload...

Now i appreciate that you may feel aggrieved at the responce you recieved compared to REALITY, but i take it you have something call Common sense?

Most people do appreciate that with the lack of the information above, its nigh on impossible to find that car or even make enquiries on it - but you have recieved your incident number and accident number so you can inform your insurance company - WHICH IS WHAT YOU HAVE IT FOR !!!!

So can we keep it to the topic? there was absolutely no need to involve other matters like speed cameras (where the hell did that conversation come from anyway?) or other peoples opinions of police etc, its not warranted or justified in this thread based on whats been mentioned.

Keep it cool y'all,

Me and JohnR answer loads of peoples queries on this site, we dont have to, but we do and try to help where we can; bear that in mind please and have some common courtesy please.

Cheers

Adam

I know that roundabout well, it's about 4/5 miles from where I live..it's a horrible roundabout. Hows your shoulder now?

If you ever want prompt police action its easy. Just drive 2 mph over the speed limit, they'll soon find you. If you want them to do something for you though forget it. My son had someone clip his car a while back, he got the number and went to our local bobby shop. Helpful as ever they said contact your insurance company not too helpful when you only have TPFT.

Sorry to hear that mate.... makes my blood boil just reading about it!!!!!

hope you get your car sorted soon mate and glad to hear your ok'ish.

Someone hit and ran into my car last week leaving me needing a new wing :ffs:

I feel your pain mate... :thumbsup:

Me and JohnR answer loads of peoples queries on this site, we dont have to, but we do and try to help where we can; bear that in mind please and have some common courtesy

I agree, I had a 'run in' with the law and Titto helped me to the best of his ability and sorry to hear this Kaz!

Don't go round slaggin the police off people, they are there 4 a reason and speed limits are there 4 a reason also Kelvyn, to protect pedestrians etc.

Cheers :thumbsup:

Unfortunately tho Kelvyn, you're opinions have been tarred by bad treatment - mate, i was treated ******* in the past too, i've also been done for speeding AND i think i've got more points on the way....

But:- you shouldnt tar us all with the same brush OR make sweeping statements: you wouldnt if this topic was about a culture, or a specific race, gender etc and i would of thought in a grown up forum like this, we can all have sensible discussions.

For what its worth Kelvyn, I despise cameras too, most coppers do - seriously. But, when you're TOLD to do something, its not like in other jobs where you can argue the toss - Mr.Blunkett and local Councils love the cameras......

2mph tho is just plain wrong to be done for tho and i can understand your frustration.

About being told to go to an insurance company about your accident: If you're unhappy with the way you've been treated then get the persons details: its highly unlikely now you spoke to a policeman, as most enquiry office's are run by civilians - but the fact you had TPFT does not matter a jot - only when you make a claim with an insurance company - TPFT does mean you will be treated less speedily (is that a word?!) with most companys tho in the event of a claim...

Hope it all turned out ok,

Tara!

Titto

Personally I have to say it is about time we needed some sort of card to buy our petrol with, it could hold your personal licence details, mot details and importantly insurance details, also why not display an insurance and mot disc similar to the tax discs?

I am very sad you have had this experience, but it is too common these days, as our blue uniformed friends can only agree.

Why are folks too willing to slag off the foot soldier ( what ever industry it is the same, ring BT the CSA is the idiot not his manager or the folks making the decisions) the copper on the beat is merely a pawn in the larger game of politics, they are not all bad and they are certainly not all good, but that is life and after dealing with the detrious of modern society I am not so sure I could be that perfect either.

My experience is this, last night I am laying my bed desperate to get to sleep, ( 11.30 I am due up again for another 12 hour shift at 5.00) when I hear an engine screaming, getting louder by the second, I am thinking goodness me he is moving which is suprising given the close confines of my road, by this time I can hear an engine bouncing valves when the bang occurs, nearly pooed meself it sounded like he was coming through the front windows, ran down to see outside and white car had hit my neighbours motorhome, ( giant hymer thing) ran into street thinking another neighbour, who has a similar shaped car, had lost the plot, but no thieves had stolen someones transport and had rammed it deliberately into the motorhome, why? Anyway to be fair the place was crawling with cops within about 2 mins of the call going out, a couple of us were chasing these punks, and followed them to a nearby street, luckily one of them was hurt :D so they got caught :D :D but the blokes motorhome has about 10grands worth of damage and the car is mullered :arrgg-matey:

I hope you can afford to repair your car, can you not consider the MIB for a claim? I mean if the car comes back as a non reg job then you must have a good case eh? WHo was the FM who worked in the MIB??

the police are just a little over worked just like us! the police are not to bad....a few bad eggs but they gave me a lift home to my barracks once...which would have been a £30 cab..nice to know they look after us squaddies from time to time considering we can get a little noisey lol

Latest Deals

Toyota Official Store for genuine Toyota parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links