Do Not Sell My Personal Information

• Join Toyota Owners Club

Join Europe's Largest Toyota Community! It's FREE!

Whats My Punishment?

al_nunn

I think I just got caught doing 60 odd on a stupid 40mph dual carridgeway near where I work. Speed check van which has so obviously got me.

I dunno what to expect.

got done for 90 in a 60 zone, perfect visability, road conditions etc. no other cars on road cept coppers hiding in a field! :ffs: (just over 3 years ago though in a 1l micra lol)

3 points £60 fine.

Learnt my lesson though and stopped driving so fast (usually ;) :P )

Can i just add that i have NEVER been nicked by the police for any car related incidents!!! Yes we are all guilty of speeding but it is the other things that coppers do/dont do.

Recently i chased a 'CHAV' after i caught him trying to nick the dust caps of my wheels. I caught him, didn't lay a finger on him, but pointed out that i work hard for my car and i would appriciate it if he didn't mess with it.

A copper saw me chase him and speak to him.

The copper then came to ME and threated to arrest me for assualt. This is before i had any chance to explain to him what had gone on!!!

when i told the copper about the incident, a quick shrug of the shoulders he then turned his back and left.

This is why i have a slight loathing for our Friendly Boys in Blue.

Oh and no i don't wear a Baseball cap. They really are not very nice.

Thanks.

Rule of thumb that we should ALL take notice of. 30mph+ in excess of a posted speed limit. i.e. 60+ in a 30 or 80+in a 50 limit invariably results in a discretionary ban and/or fine and/or points on license.

This from a very well informed source.

And also worthy of note. Some insurance companies will ignore 1 or sometimes 2 sp30`s. Shop around if you have points for speeding. :D

got done for 90 in a 60 zone, perfect visability, road conditions etc. no other cars on road cept coppers hiding in a field! :ffs: (just over 3 years ago though in a 1l micra lol)

3 points £60 fine.

Learnt my lesson though and stopped driving so fast (usually ;) :P )

Yeah, got done the same way just over a fortnight ago (better car though ;) ) for doing 78 in a 60 and it has slowed me down quite a bit and I'm starting to get used to this whole "sticking to the speed limit" thing.

It was a fair cop and about time too, but I wish they'd hurry up and send me back my license though <_< as I need it in a couple of week's time...

A

sorry... double posted the above by accident... :ph34r:

I was caught racing and doing 114 in a 30 a couple of years back... a couple of doughnuts and some drifting too.....

I got 6 points and a £100 fine. (sp10 and cd10).

It all depends on the circumstances, and how good your solicitors/barristors are :thumbsup:

I was caught racing and doing 114 in a 30 a couple of years back... a couple of doughnuts and some drifting too.....

I got 6 points and a £100 fine. (sp10 and cd10).

It all depends on the circumstances, and how good your solicitors/barristors are :thumbsup:

Holy moly! U should have been banned 4 life! :lol:

Wiltshire courts will currently impose a ban for speeds of 98+ unless that person can show that someone else will incur hardship as a result of the ban eg they loose their job, wife & kid go hungry.

It helps to demonstrate that it was safe at that speed ie dry, clear conditions, light traffic, concentrating hard.

Sometimes people go for broke and argue with the Police about the speed eg asking for proof that the VASCAR unit was checked at the required time (I think it's still every morning) at two speeds or that the speed was recorded over 2/5 mile steady distance (doesn't matter if they got closer / further to the car, timing is taken from both vehicles passing a fixed reference point eg shadow from a bridge). High risk strategy; neither the Police or the Magistrates take kindly to this.

Bottom line, plead guilty, explain why you think it was safe, learn from it in the future.

I got a 2-month ban for doing 102mph on the A1 in a national (70mph) limit, plus about £350 in costs and fines. And zero points. It's screwed my insurance totally! :(

Oh, and I tried the hardship argument:

"I've just quit University to follow my dream job, and have no formal qualifications. If you ban me, I'll be sacked (letter from boss) will be unable to pay my student loans and unable to get a proper job or pursue my new career."

The answer:

Serves you right. 56 days ban.

breezer i'd get 100 outa ur motor , supposing i have to blow the engine in the process :P

Latest Deals

Toyota Official Store for genuine Toyota parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links