Do Not Sell My Personal Information

• Join Toyota Owners Club

Join Europe's Largest Toyota Community! It's FREE!

Ground Clearance

Gog

Does anyone know why the Carina E (and I've noticed the Avensis) exhasust hangs low at the back, giving poor ground clearance. And has anyone managed to raise the suspension to compensate?

ive noticed this also and when ive got peeps in back sometimes my exhaust hits of ground when its a little bumpy need to know if it can get put up higher i asked one garage and they said it might hit underside of car if put up higher but i think its worth the risk because ive already had to replce part of my exhaust because it was to low and hit a bump and put a hole in it :ffs:

is the exhaust original? .. I believe that on the original exhaust the pipe is flattened

personally mine isn't that low .. I think :-)

our carina e se, carries alot of weight in goods, 14" alloys and never had a problem with ground clearance, tho the front tends to point to the sky, lol

Soft coils as standard. I lowered and stiffened up the coils which has given me stiffer ride, better handling and no scrapes other than I have a low towbar that catches now and again. The exhaust has never touched since. Used Apex 35 mm drop coils at around £90 a set. A Good set of Gas shocks will also help.

Latest Deals

Toyota Official Store for genuine Toyota parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links