Do Not Sell My Personal Information

• Join Toyota Owners Club

Join Europe's Largest Toyota Community! It's FREE!

Cornwall

Hou

After watching the news last night and seeing the horrifying sight of 9 foot deep water carrying cars(including a yaris) down the road, filling houses and trapping people my thoughts are with the familys and people living there, their life will never be the same!

my step sister is there now on hoilday (bad timing or what)

they watched their car get washed into the sea! :eek: but they are ok.

but what a shock you don't expect stuff like that in england! spain maybe

Tim

thanks man. the funny thing is that they still have a week and a half left of the hoilday.

if i was them i would book myself on a plane to the dry country i could find :D

hope no one on here is hurt at all??

i sceond that :thumbsup:

It would be nice to know that nobody was hurt.

Saw it on the news myself last night - I was :censor: shocked to say the least..

Credit to the RAF chappies and all those that helped with the rescue...

rash.

p.s. I'm sure their was a black MR2 getting washed away also.....

looked awful must ave been very frightening,

like all of us on here i feel for everyone who lives there like you say

their life is in ruins,

it was such a pretty place ,cars can be replaced but some of them buildings

were 300 years old they can never be replaced.

i go to cornwall alot 4 to 5 times a year and i know how much this will

affect the community but they will all stick together and help each other.

kimi

So far there arent any fatalities are there? I was having a read on the BBC site a few mins ago and they said that there is a chance they will find some tomorrow as some of the debris should've shifted by then..

Last I heard, there were 15 still unaccounted for, and 8 seriously injured in hospital :(

Not good, not good at all :(

i jus saw that poor yaris! twas blue! jus saw it on news, it bein carried by the waves!

but a thought every1 was ok and no1 lost :huh:

Last I heard, there were 15 still unaccounted for, and 8 seriously injured in hospital :(

Not good, not good at all :(

The way I understood the news was the fifteen missing might have been on holiday themselves and not had chance to hear about or report back to the police, not heard of any major casualties though, was a lovely story about the baby being rescued, always get to me they do :crybaby:

I agree about the bit regarding cars and old buildings, the village is ruined without doubt, the heart has been ripped out.

The tide thing is what happened when Folkestone had their floods, massive rainfall, it was so bad when I was driving I was down to about 15 mph with wipers on max speed and I was still struggling to see where I was going :blink: my claim to fame was when Howard visited the flooded area which was at the bottom of my road ( we were at the top of the hill thank goodness :unsure: ) my old Sherpa was on national TV!!

Talk about luck though, my mate had just completed the purchase of a villa in Florida on the 31July, flew out there on the 2ndAug.....just got back, all in one piece, amazingly, nice holiday though nearly a week without electric in 100 degrees of heat, and the area was facing over a month of power loss due to a main supply pylon being down, we had been invited to go somehow glad I was skint :yes:

They dont know if the 15 unaccounted are just away or what from what I watched, but the emergency services are hoping they are just on holiday :(

lets hope so!

I was really shocked and choked when saw it. I cant imagine what it must have been like to watch you life being washed away. Its amazing the afer math wasnt worse.

My heart goes to them all and to the rescueres.

We were hit the other day by one of these flash storm downpours. My grlfreind was driving through Thame in my mr2 whe the heavons opened, the rain was so heavy it was pulling branches off trees!!! The road was a river (allbeit a few inches deep), sitting stationary in the Mr2 with the wipers on full speed we could not see the flapped up lights at the end of the bonnet!!

When the rain had eased we drove through a flooded bot of road that had water rolling up onto the bonnet.. I have never experiance anything like that before, and cannot even imagine to experiance what it was like in those conditions!!!

The Mr2 drove on fine though.. a lot of steam bellowed out from behind me, and when the water was very deep I lost a bit of power as the leads got wet, but I kept the revs high enough to get through it!!!

Glad I wasn't in the ford :lol::lol:

Latest Deals

Toyota Official Store for genuine Toyota parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links