Do Not Sell My Personal Information

• Join Toyota Owners Club

Join Europe's Largest Toyota Community! It's FREE!

Most Uve Been Ripped Off On Ebay

LORD_ED

mine was a intercooler off a skyline r33 gtr v-spec described as having a small hole on end tank which i would be able to weld up. so i paid £10 delivery for next day and £73 for the IC four months later it turns up and the small hole was the size of my fist together with a few other small holes dotted around that skyline must of had a big head on crash

b:censor: s

ed

A :censor: called Procarparts in the US, won a airscoop about 2 years ago, was told before I bid shipping was $ 75.. When I won it , it went upto $ 190.

So of course I paid them :unsure: ( NOT )

Was theatened to be taken to court :crybaby:

done well to date but recently had some muppet reverse a payment through paypal (roughly £65)

fortunately it was a 'back-order' item so it was cancelled :P

done well to date but recently had some muppet reverse a payment through paypal (roughly £65)

fortunately it was a 'back-order' item so it was cancelled :P

Didn't know they could do that on Paypal :eek:

oooooooohhhhhhh yeees!

very very easily!

all they do is tell paypal it was a mistake and paypal just turn round and say 'ok'

then send you a huge email that you have to detail in every last little way you can think of (15min job)

and send it back, wait 7 days, only for them to say 'sorry we cant do nowt about it'

so a fraud complaint for said person will be sent to paypal and eBay! and an abusive negative feedback will be left!

:angry:

paypal is total crap but i cant get away without it at the min

Jaxx

Out of interest how long does it take to get your money from Ebay/PayPal, I am wondering as I was going to start selling some stuff and would not want to be posting stuff off if I am going to get ripped for my money? How long does a customer get to change their mind, if it is three days or sommat then surely it would be easier to accept cheques?

Do you have a shop on eBay?

Rgds

pro carparts are a mail order company, I orderd my supra diamond clear front lights and side repeaters from there, they sent it and charged me the price they said and shipping as agreed, the killer was the £30 fed ex tax!!!!!! technically its not their lookout that I have to pay tax as they were classed as imported goods!!!!

Worth it tho :thumbsup:

I bought a radio controlled Hovercraft off eBay, it broke in 24 hours so I "mended it" it then caught fire and sank :lol::lol::lol:

I bought a radio controlled Hovercraft off Ebay, it broke in 24 hours so I "mended it" it then caught fire and sank :lol::lol::lol:

Blimey with that sort of luck I'd avoid your lottery numbers for sure...

You need more then just luck to aqquire such fine eletrical skills as myself :lol::lol::lol:

I got stitched when I "bought" 20 Xbox mem cards (don't ask) .. I went on holiday, 2 weeks later the seller wasn't a member anymore ..

Still got is Luton addy if anyone want to have a laugh ..

Jaxx

Out of interest how long does it take to get your money from Ebay/PayPal, I am wondering as I was going to start selling some stuff and would not want to be posting stuff off if I am going to get ripped for my money? How long does a customer get to change their mind, if it is three days or sommat then surely it would be easier to accept cheques?

Do you have a shop on Ebay?

Rgds

a very painful 5-7 working days!

its generally safe and fully legit but you do have to be very wary all the time and careful as you go

and i believe they can change their mind when they see fit to be honest

cheques are a better way for payment and also in most terms wll take less time to clear as you also have to enforce this

people know that paypal is instant to transfer and most will expect an instant despatch! you never have time to download funds to be on the safe side otherwise people start trying to file fraud against you :angry:

so im seriously concidering ditching paypal for this means, and using cheques and POs only??

also paypal is bleedin expensive! (approx 4% of what you make!)

and yes i do have an eBay shop, albeit a little emty at the min!

So in theory, you could buy loads of gear on eBay, pay via paypal then wait two days for goods to be dispatched then withdraw the payments and wait for goods to arrive? What is the point then?

I have used mine but only when I am desperate for the goods.

Thanks for the advice though, I thought paypal was supposed to be secure, but so obviously not.

theoretically yes

i think you have to have a good reason to make it reverse though

its all explained on a site called paypalsucks.com or somat

i aint the most secure thing by far

there are better services like natwest fastpay (proper bank = proper security) but not many ppl use it!

ill admit your ok if its between friends

respectable people on places like this forum and the better people of eBay

bt theres always the numptys who ty to screw it up!

The site has scary things there, if your account gets abused you could in theory lose all your money with no apparent form of redress....

Only in America.

If PayPal operate in Europe then surely they must have to abide by the local rules not something dreamt up by some blood sucker ( aka Lawyer)

Question,

Difference between a catfish and a lawyer

One is a bottom feeding scum sucker the other is a fish ;)

I ordered a set of diamond clear indicators for my 2 off eBay. Payed through paypal and they never turned up. Pay pal did nothing, just said hard luck. Turns out the guy had caught about 20 of us. eBay cancelled his account but that wouldn't stop him re-registering. Fortunately it only cost me £60.

The site has scary things there, if your account gets abused you could in theory lose all your money with no apparent form of redress....

Only in America.

If PayPal operate in Europe then surely they must have to abide by the local rules not something dreamt up by some blood sucker ( aka Lawyer)

Question,

Difference between a catfish and a lawyer

One is a bottom feeding scum sucker the other is a fish ;)

you would think so wouldnt you!

terrible terrible system

but like i say at the min i have to bite the bullet and get on with it! :(

Good job I use my girlfriend's paypal account and not mine then!! I forgot my password years ago, and they won't let me reactivate it.

I`ve just this minute withdrawn my funds. Not that i`ve ever had a single problem in two years but this got me worried. :(

Got stitched only £20 luckily! TRD oil cap! Took delivery to find it didnt have the correct fitting for my rocker cover! (but in its item decription it did!)

Could no longer contact the seller, no replys to my e-mails etc!

Touch wood ive been lucky..but i had a ******* send me a rubber cheque then complain i never sentr him his goods....tip for the stupid..rubber cheques wont get you your goods....although he left me realy nasty feeback......good job i hadnt left mine for him until then hah....something along the llines of this buyer uses rubbber cheques....avoid!! :D

I ordered a set of diamond clear indicators for my 2 off ebay. Payed through paypal and they never turned up. Pay pal did nothing, just said hard luck. Turns out the guy had caught about 20 of us. Ebay cancelled his account but that wouldn't stop him re-registering. Fortunately it only cost me £60.

Ahh, your one of the chaps that got screwed by this guy.

I know of him, in fact i was talking to him the other week ( not knowing at the time he was the guy i'v just mentioned )

He sometimes visits a unit across from mine.

The chap from the unit was telling me about him and the way he deals and i put 2 and 2 together, I realised who it was then.

He even ripped his boss off ( who i also know ) that was for about 4 grand and he openly talks about it.

Would you like any more info???

Russ

RMG Developments

Ahh, your one of the chaps that got screwed by this guy.

I know of him, in fact i was talking to him the other week ( not knowing at the time he was the guy i'v just mentioned )

He sometimes visits a unit across from mine.

The chap from the unit was telling me about him and the way he deals and i put 2 and 2 together, I realised who it was then.

He even ripped his boss off ( who i also know ) that was for about 4 grand and he openly talks about it.

Would you like any more info???

Russ

RMG Developments

One of the other guys who lived locally got a list of names together and took it to the police as this was an obvious case of fraud. I never heard anymore and knowing how efficient the law is in this country I dont suppose they even bothered looking into it. Thing is the amount he must have conned out of us can hardly have been life altering (its not like some rapist winning £7 mill on the lottery is it?). He was using the name pimpingsugardaddy at the time so maybe he just needed some new bling to impress the laayydeees

Latest Deals

Toyota Official Store for genuine Toyota parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links