Do Not Sell My Personal Information

• Join Toyota Owners Club

Join Europe's Largest Toyota Community! It's FREE!

Now I Know Why I Never Liked Smart Cars

Blue84

Tonight I had a horrible attack of road rage...

Got too a bigish roundabout near here which is traffic light controlled. I had a smart car very close behind me approaching a red traffic light...as she was so close I broke harder than normal quite suddenly so I could pull up for the light..I was then given the fingers - one and two plus a non-stop clap..not being one to rise to other peoples childish behaviour I just clapped back to her as if to say "well done for being so close to me" NOT..I then moved off and was going at dead on 40 mph which is the limit for the road with her in my cars boot.

Got to a second roundabout with traffic lights, she then stopped right behind me - must've been 2/3 inches behind me and was giving me the finger(s) yet again but I didn't even look in my rear view mirror after I saw her doing that..went round into Sainsbury's..drove along a bit til I saw some spaces I could easily pull into so I'd be able to drive out off, she was still right behind me..she pulled up at the side of me again only a few inches from my wing mirror blocking me in my car so I couldnt have got out if I wanted to and started to get out of her car with a face like thunder and shouting..I'd only just gone into neutral then not realising that she was gonna stop I thought she was gonna go past, give me more verbal and be done with it..so I put my car in first and have never driven so quickly in my life..I had to get away..I was then called a "f*****g b***h, w***e, S**t, cow etc etc"..I could hear her going off on one..when I got out of there I had to sit in a queue of traffic and was shaking...I couldnt even keep my feet on the pedals..I drove to my best mates house and spoke to her and her Parents about it..and I got her Dad to have a look at the back of my car with me..she's not been touched but to be honest even if she had been hit I wouldn't have cared cos I wasnt gonna get myself of my car attacked for no-one. I didn't get her registration either cos I was too worried for my personal safety.

So I'm now home again, haven't got any shopping for my Parents when they come home from their Holiday tomorrow and am still a bit shaken cos of it!!

All that cos she was too close...

It`s a pity you couldn`t have got her number. Behaviour like that is inexcusible. And those people who do behave like that should be banned from driving at the very least.

I hope you can get over it quickly enough and not let it put you off driving.

:)

There are some really annoying people on the roads, but I don't get anything as bad as that - probably cos I'm a fairly big bloke, but my girlfriend's had people race out of side roads in front of her, then hurl abuse at her when it's clearly their fault. Really winds me up.

Good job you didn't rise to it, cos it could have got out of hand. Don't think I'd be able to handle it so calmly :boxing:

Blue84.... Are you male or female?

I'm Female and so was the smart car woman...

i switch my rear fogs on , then turn the front lights on when they up me ***** ,hitting the power at the same time , scares the pants off em , i hate tail gaters , also hate hyperventillating women. specially 1 thats on her menstruation cycle too. :lol::lol::lol:

Wow! I'll bet you're shaken!

That type of psycho behaviour is totally inexcusable. I wich you'd got her number and then been able to phone to police.

Not all Smart drivers are bad! I had a shot of my mate's Roadster-Coupé last weekend and I could do nothing but grin and feel good towards all around me! He thinks trading in his Civic Type-R for the Smart was the best thing he has ever done for the standard of his driving...

Hoping you feel better,

Cheers,

Alan

Where is the rear fog light switch on the Yaris?

I'll have to give that one a try :thumbsup:

The thing that makes me laugh is she didnt even hit my car!! She just got peed off cos I pressed my brakes hard!!

Headlights on main beam and rotate the switch that's half way along the left stalk away from you.

That's a favourite tactic of mine too...

Just brake like ***** and hope they`re insured. :D

switch my rear fogs on , then turn the front lights on when they up me ***** ,hitting the power at the same time

not a bad idea but the one that really gets them is to have your reversing lights wired to a seperate switch not the gearbox, wait till they are about 3 feet off your rear bumper and turn on the reversing lights

that makes them back off really quickly :thumbsup:

Just brake like ***** and hope they`re insured. :D

Problem is that will put you in a spin, at higher speeds you will come worse off.

I’ve started to pull over and let them pass to save a confrontation.

My favourite is a touch of left foot brake (just enough to light the brake lights) while you're cogging it down and buggering off! :D

QUOTE (daktari @ Aug 27 2004, 09:10 PM)

Just brake like ***** and hope they`re insured. 

Problem is that will put you in a spin, at higher speeds you will come worse off.

I’ve started to pull over and let them pass to save a confrontation.

ABS :D

ABS don't do :censor: if you're being pushed. It's ridiculous to even suggest it!! :o

My favourite is to slow down to half the speed limit and move as far to the right as you can (staying in your lane of course) Pisses them of no end and you block there view for overtaking (well it does in my white van :o )

Hi Blue84

Poor you. You must have been really scared. Theres no point in getting yourself beaten up over something really stupid. I really hate that when people do things like that. It really wind's me up when my wife comes home from work and tells me about what people have done to her while driving to work.

I wish that i was in the car with her sometimes. As i know that they wouldn't do that if i was there. Funny as if that was me i would have just got out of the car and reached into that crazy womans car and grabbed her car keys and just thrown them as far as i could. Imagine the shock on her face when you have done that. Then i would have told her since you drive like a pig sniffing my rear end you can graze around like a pig looking for your dam car key you :ffs: :thumbsup:

jerry!!

road rage is kak, and the thing is theres always someone bigger than you,

im 6foot5 and big, that didnt stop me gettin my a$s kicked for nothin after just passing my test!!!

just dont let it bother you and try not to bite back,

hope youre not too bothered by it, really isnt worth it :thumbsup:

Hi,

first off all, Blue84, I hope you're not too shaken up (sp) about this anymore and can put this thing behind you! I know it's easy for me to say this not having lived the situation that insane :censor: has put you through, please don't let this get to you. You can squeeze my (virtual) hand as hard as you like if you want to vent some steam. :)

secondly (WARNING : RANT MODE ON),

there are some serious :censor: :censor: loose on our roads these days, the amount of stupidity some of these :censor: are able to pull out of their :censor: is just unbelievable. Just this very afternoon I was nicely cruisin' around on the bike at 110'ish (posted limit 120) when some :censor: :censor: :censor: pulls out some 10 meters infront of me, with the oncoming traffic I hade three choices, kill myself on one of the oncoming cars, kill myself on this :censor: :censor: car, or aim for the right-hand side and and pass him and hope I can pull it back as to not get myself into the ditch, which I just managed to do, so far so good, but then he starts pushin' it and gets up to my back way too close to be good. About five km further up I have to stop for a traffic light, he pulls up next to me and yells "who the :censor: do you think you are, you :censor: , can't you pass on the proper side, you :censor: ", then reverses, nearly causing another accident and heads off in the other direction. So this :censor: :censor: drives an extra 2, 3, 4 km so he can yell that to me!

Insane!

(RANT MODE OVER)

Cheers, Yves.

Amazing really isn't it! I'm sure we will all admit that we do the odd silly thing sometimes.... but giving abuse to someone, when it's actually their own fault just takes the mick!

There really are some plonkers on the roads and that's putting it nicely.

If your going to do the old "put the fogs on " tricks...go one further...always works...especially on trucks who are driving up your :censor: .

Simple...open sun roof...take one empty bottle of water...and chuck it out the roof.......should do the trick...

Some people just turn into complete ***** holes when they get in a car. One of my mates does it. He's normally really quiet and wouldn't start an argument with anyone, but as soon as he's in his car, he shouts abuse (pretty much just to himself really) about every other driver on the road, and even shouts at the radio - crazy!

just dont let it bother you and try not to bite back,

hope youre not too bothered by it, really isnt worth it :thumbsup:

I agree, but I found it's something that comes with driving experience.

If you are really observant and careful sometimes you can see incidents like this coming and maybe avoid them, not always though. Sometimes people just need their heads examined for the way they drive - especially in London as I've found out by living there! :ffs:

Glad your ok btw & you did the right thing to get out of there - nice bit of tactical driving to leave yourself an escape route. :thumbsup:

Sorry to hear about the incident Blue84, have a nice bath and a glass of wine and try and forget about the mad woman! She will do it one day to the wrong person and then some Karma will be dished out.

Another good tip if somebody is driving too close, just keep your windscreen washer on, this has worked a few times for me in the past, once their car gets a bit wet they seem to back off.

Lets hope she never pulls a stunt like that on sombody like me, if I was driving the Yaris and somebody boxed me in like that I would repeatedly open my door VERY hard onto theirs, then jump out of the passengers side door and go completely mental, the Yaris I drive everyday is a company car, and whilst I would hate to cause any damage to it, I know my boss would understand if somebody did that to me and agree on my actions. I am a fairly relaxed driver, but I can be very hot headed if I see red and somebody is causing me grief.

Once when somebody blatantly opened their car door onto my car (causing damage) I had an argument with the lady, grabbed hold of her wing mirror and wrenched it off. Oppps!! She was very mistaken if she thought I was going to ignore what she did to my car! She never apologised which I think was the worst bit, her attitude was like "so what". :ffs:

However I think age has mellowed me a bit and it is far far better not to get into situations like that in the first place.

Latest Deals

Toyota Official Store for genuine Toyota parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links