Do Not Sell My Personal Information

• Join Toyota Owners Club

Join Europe's Largest Toyota Community! It's FREE!

Auto Dimming Mirror For Rav

mooranger

Have seen on a US site an Auto Dimming Rear View mirror for the 2004 RAV. Does anyone know if this can be fitted to the UK version? Finding a supply shouldn't be too hard - could use the courtesy light if there is not a plug already in there, but wondered if the fitting would be the same?

See mirror here

I don't see why not, There are couple of people on www.rav4world.com that have fitted Auto Dimming Rear view mirror.

http://www.ravworld.com/board/viewthread.php?tid=2491

Toyota GB in there wisdom decided not to fit the Genuine Toyota Electrochromic rear view mirror that the rest of Europe have for the new 2004 RAV4's. Quite a few of newer Toyota models like the new Corolla Verso, Avensis have a Electrochromic rear view mirror. Would like a price on the Toyota one but I bet it's mega bucks.

If you look behind the your rear view mirror there is a black strip on the windscreen that is where the power for Toyota Electrochromic rear view mirror runs down, The power probably runs down some plastic trim to hide the power cable but that is why there is that black strip on the windscreen behind the rear view mirror. Just had a thought but not had look but maybe UK 2004 RAV4's are pre-wired for power for the Toyota Electrochromic rear view mirror already !??!?

Scott

Latest Deals

Toyota Official Store for genuine Toyota parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links