Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Carina Engine Light

nismosilver

hi

my dads Battery light came on, got a new alternator and the Battery light went and the engine light comes on now. hes been told its that thing i've arrowed. could that cause the engine light to come on?

and how much would it cost from toyota? or even here if i become a member

toyota-engine.jpg

thanks for any help!!!

That looks like the lambda/O2 sensor. It helps the engines Electronic Control Unit (ECU) decide how much fuel the engine needs. If its failed the engine normally starts to run badly once its warmed up, it will usually start to use a lot more petrol than normal and if you have the emmisions checked they will be through the roof. There are several other sensors on the engine that can cause the engine check light to come on. If it is the lambda sensor thats gone you can get a replacement from somewhere like http://www.justlambda.co.uk for about £55. From Toyota you will probably add another £100 onto that. Take a look at this link http://www.off-road.com/toyota/tech/codes/

It will show you how to interrogate your cars ECU so that it tells you why the light has come on.

if its the leanburn engine then you can expect to pay around 300 quid for the sensor :o :eek: maybe its just some sort of loose wire or connection when you got new alternator or maybe the garage is trying to con you into buying the sensor if its the 18i engine then it will be 300 quid or thereabouts for a sensor :!Removed!: get some diagnostics done on your car to see whhy the lights came on