Do Not Sell My Personal Information

My Dog Got Run Over

LORD_ED

...as for the insurance well yeah I always thought insurers would pay out, but they might try and fight it and ask why was the dog running around and out on the road in the first place?

Yeah I think this is true... the insurance companies know that dogs should be on a lead when on or near a public highway, it’s a bylaw, it happened to someone I know :(

They may end up claiming off you for not keeping the dog under control for any loss or damage :crybaby:

I don’t think you have to report the fact you run over a dog as they are not licensed like they use to be.

A fractured pelvis is pretty serious (life threatening in people) I hope your dog makes a full recovery.

were gonna do everyything we can to make sure shes happy but if she not hes gonna have to put in one hell of an insurance claim anyone have any soare brake fluid and a supersoaker

I hate to see animals knocked over, I’ve seen loads this summer mainly squirrels and hedge hogs, strange thing is though, I don’t feel anywhere the same when a person gets knocked over.

Maybe people should know better, but animals and especially our pets can get confused and frightened near traffic, but I’m sure it’s to do with the t o s s e r s that drive too fast to start with.

really sorry to hear about your dog man, thought i'd have a wee look on yahoo search and came up with a few things.

Control of Dogs on roads order 1993 - It is an offence for a dog to be on or near a road off the lead. The fine is a maximum £200.*

i ran over a dog about a week ago, it just ran out in front of a parked car, i was in my girlfriends clio and felt it go under the front wheels. i stopped to see how badly it was injured but it was just running around. the owner just laughed it off !!!!!!!!!!

TAKE MY WORD FOR IT, IT GAVE ME A SCARE.......IT COULD HAVE BEEN A CHILD.

:eek:

I’d be more concerned about the dog, if I run over a kid I’d be more concerned about any damage to my car :D

really sorry to hear about your dog man, thought i'd have a wee look on yahoo search and came up with a few things.

Control of Dogs on roads order 1993 - It is an offence for a dog to be on or near a road off the lead. The fine is a maximum £200.*

i ran over a dog about a week ago, it just ran out in front of a parked car, i was in my girlfriends clio and felt it go under the front wheels. i stopped to see how badly it was injured but it was just running around. the owner just laughed it off !!!!!!!!!!

:eek:

cheer sfor looking dude bit depressin that we dont even own a lead for any of our three dos they are farm dogs and we keep the door open and they do as they feel just go running thru fields chaes ramblers and have fun but tis obviously has its drawbacks for them

but god help the bloke who ran her over if he tries to get 200 out of us

I don’t think you have to report the fact you run over a dog as they are not licensed like they use to be.

You definatly do have to report it, the dog is someones property, which has been damaged.

And it was damaged on the road, which makes it an RTC. The driver didn't stop, so he's/she's guilty of making of from the scene of an accident/failing to report/failure to exchange details.

Give the police a quick call, or pop into your local nick.

Mate i really feel for you if anything ever happened to my 9 month old puppy id kill the person, without a doubt!

Thoughts and feeling with you and your family buddy :thumbsup:

Really sorry to here about this mate it is a real choker. One of my dogs was run over about 2 years ago by an idiot speeding in the docks near where I live. She was 6 years old then and suffered a broken pelvis amongst other more minor injuries and had air trapped in her abdomen where the air was forced from her lungs.

She had an operation and was off her feet for about three months but recovered fully and now at 8 years old there seems to be no ill effect.

Hope all goes well with Molly. She is young and should recover very quickly with plenty of love and comfort.

P.S. I watched it happen, screaming at the driver as he approached. I swear he accelerated towards her then carried on about 200 metres down the road. He stopped, got out to check his car then came back shouting at me as I was cradling my dog crying asking what I was going to do about his cracked splitter and a broken headlight.

Needless to say I had a few choice words for him and his mates which I think got through as they all got back in the car and drove off sharpish.

As it was a private road on the docks there was nothing the police could do. They turned up as the security had called them when they saw me holding the driver by the throat over his bonnet. The police gave me a lift with my dog to the vets and were great, even coming to the house a month later to see how she was getting on.

I see the driver from time to time and he avoids me, whih is just aswell.

Sorry for the rambling but I know how distressing it can be, keep us informed on progress.

He stopped, got out to check his car then came back shouting at me as I was cradling my dog crying asking what I was going to do about his cracked splitter and a broken headlight.

holding the driver by the throat over his bonnet.

You should have beat the guy into a pulp and put him in hospital!!!

The cheak of asking what YOU was going to do about it, was an inconsiderate :censor: :ffs:

hope shes ok. ive had it happen before. some pople say its soft insureing pets but theres a lot to be said for having it done.

and fidgits, i resent that comment about cats. no living creature should be run over on purpose........................ except squrils ;)

no living creature should be run over on purpose........................ except squrils ;)

Nothing wrong with squirrels,

cats on the other hand..........

As per page 1 of this thread, you do have to report this kind of stuff to the police; DOG falls into the Animal category of what can be involved into an RTC. At least if you do report it you have an Injury RTC reference number to put on any insurance claim you make. AND should the idiot who drove off come forward it can all be cross matched (although liklihood of this is about 0.01%.....).

As for the dog on a lead thing; im not so sure but Byelaws are specific to each town/county area (for anyone thats interested !!!)

Cheers

Adam :-)